Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling back from Manchester down the motorway yesterday when I noticed a new noise developing. I cant describe it acurately, but I guess I would call it a drone. Also I cant tell where it is comming from, but again I am going to take a guess at the rear end. The noise is speed related, ie. it changes pitch as the speed changes. Putting the car into neutral and coasting has no effect on the noise. I noticed the noise dissapears when taking right hand bends, swerving to the right or going round roundabouts. This made me think it might have been a right hand wheel bearing. However I have jacked up the car, and all the wheels seem fine to me. Do any of you know what my problem might be please? My car is a 54 plate 407sw with 130,000 on the clock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wheel bearing!
I have just had the exact same issue with mine - Mine was a nearside front wheel bearing (car was making a droning noise which was worse when steering to the left)
Mines an 05 2.0 HDI SW with 122k on the clock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.