Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm in the process of changing my display. But the new one has bluetooth options that I don't need since my car do not have bluetooth. The car is a 407, year 2007. (White case MFD).

What are the options in PP2000 to program this, do I just enter my VIN to the MFD and it will program it to be exactly as now or is is even possible to whipe out the bluetooth option with PP?

If I have understood correctly I can't get the bluetooth working if my car doesn't already have it, so would want to wipe that out from the display options. Hopefully my AUX line will work on this new device even if it has bluetooth.

If you know what I would need to get bluetooth working with this new display I would be interested, if it even is possible.

·
5,034 Posts
Rd4. ??? 2007 should have Bluetooth

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rd4. ??? 2007 should have Bluetooth

Yeah it's the RD4 N2 (mp3).

I could live with it if the new display works well, but just annoying having a phone symbol all the time there without it working.

Since my car has the RD4 I'm a bit worried that the MFD with bluetooth is too new, so that my car won't be able to communicate with the MFD properly, resulting in fault codes and beeping from hell.

·
5,034 Posts
Mine is 2006 with rd4(mp3) and Bluetooth,you sure yours hadn't got it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is 2006 with rd4(mp3) and Bluetooth,you sure yours hadn't got it

Yes I am sure. Maybe your have installed Bluetooth after it was new? Not from factory.

Or have you ordered a new MFD to your car, with Bluetooth?

·
5,034 Posts
Mine is factory fitted, this was my screen before I recently changed it

·
5,034 Posts
Changed to this one, note there is no phone icon on this one at this point. Configuration in pp2k was straightforward

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed to this one, note there is no phone icon on this one at this point. Configuration in pp2k was straightforward

Oh Nice screen! Where did you buy that one? Nice colours. Expensive?

Mine does not have Bluetooth, have no such options on the menu and no phone symbol.

·
5,034 Posts
Bought from a fellow member on my Fb page. When I first put colour screen in I had no options for phone etc until I'd sorted in pp2k. I've never heard of a 2007 with rd4 that doesn't have Bluetooth, early 2006 and before yes, but not after mid/late 2006. Is your car UK spec??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought from a fellow member on my Fb page. When I first put colour screen in I had no options for phone etc until I'd sorted in pp2k. I've never heard of a 2007 with rd4 that doesn't have Bluetooth, early 2006 and before yes, but not after mid/late 2006. Is your car UK spec??

No it's not UK spec. Sweden spec. It's a 2007 Facelift model, but it still has the white-cased MFD from hell.

·
5,034 Posts
We didn't get facelift in UK till late 2008,is your dash piano black ?? Can you post a pic ?? And finally my last screen was with white back and was/still is 100% fade free. Do you use fb at all??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We didn't get facelift in UK till late 2008,is your dash piano black ?? Can you post a pic ?? And finally my last screen was with white back and was/still is 100% fade free. Do you use fb at all??

No, my dash is silver and something they tried to get to look like carbon I guess.

The outside of the car is facelift from factory. It's called Facelift 1 in sweden.

Sorry I can't post a picture now 😕 Yes I use Facebook.

·
5,034 Posts
So not full facelift,just the update one same as mine,can you see my sig under my posts ?? Put a request to join my page and ill add you

·
5,034 Posts
Fb page is Peugeot 407 UK, has yours got chrome strips on front grill and have you checked servicebox to see how yours left the factory ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fb page is Peugeot 407 UK, has yours got chrome strips on front grill and have you checked servicebox to see how yours left the factory ??

Yes it has the chrome strips. It's registered as a facelift from the beginning in the registration papers from factory. Just inside is not full facelift. Think there are two facelifts, Facelift 1 (mine) and facelift 2 (full interior facelift also).

·
5,034 Posts
So it is the same as mine,don't understand why it has no BT tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it is the same as mine,don't understand why it has no BT tho

Yeah seems to be the same, just mine has painted plastic trims from factory, if you saw the picture.

Almost no 407s from 2007-2008 has Bluetooth in Sweden. I think it was an option that no one chose then ordering them new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah seems to be the same, just mine has painted plastic trims from factory, if you saw the picture.

Almost no 407s from 2007-2008 has Bluetooth in Sweden. I think it was an option that no one chose then ordering them new.
Reading this just want to say mine is late 2006 and has no BT as well :eek:

·
5,034 Posts
Reading this just want to say mine is late 2006 and has no BT as well :eek:
fancy posting last 8 digits of vin so i can have a look on sevicebox

1 - 20 of 25 Posts