Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
i think all new forum members should have to read this http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/ before it lets them sign up

it should also ask a few random questions to verify that they have read it
A lot of forums I've joined prevent you making a post or replying to other posts if you haven't read and agreed to the terms and conditions AND made a post in the introductions forum. Once you have done these, a mod has to enable posting rights before you can do anything other than read other peoples posts. Maybe that could be placed on the 'to do list' for the forum admins.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gibbo also needs to add under point 6 that people should give full details of the faults including anything they did just before and after it happened as it is getting very annoying people drip feeding info and missing bits out

unless we have ALL the details it is hard to try help so you can help us help you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe it should include an example and/or a template?

Something like:

Model:
Year:
Engine:
Mileage:
Known service history:
Description of problem:
Diagnostics done:
Things done to correct problem:
Previous problems:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Hi all, new to this site apologies if this intro is in the wrong place:confused:

I'm from Sunderland been a pug owner for a few years now.Just got rid of my 106 1.1 2002 that I've had for the last three years and replaced it with a 2004 206 sw 1.4 s, only had the 206 since yesterday so far i like it better than the 106:)

·
5,071 Posts
Hi all, new to this site apologies if this intro is in the wrong place:confused:

I'm from Sunderland been a pug owner for a few years now.Just got rid of my 106 1.1 2002 that I've had for the last three years and replaced it with a 2004 206 sw 1.4 s, only had the 206 since yesterday so far i like it better than the 106:)
Welcome to peugeotforums

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts

Hi, I'm Nick and have purchased the 508 GT SW from Dancoopbron, have had it for nearly three months now, first impressions was great but now my drivers side heated seat doesn't work and the memory seat doesn't function, I will be taking it in as its still under warranty thanks to the previous owner extending it. also a slight juddering through the chassis at 1350 rpm when under load, replaced the fuel filter and changed diesel supplier as recommended by peugeot, time will tell on this one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New Member New to Peugeot

Hi, I'm currently reviewing loads of info but I suppose I could ask on here too.

I've just put a deposit on a brand new factory build specc'd up 308 GT and am looking for info, any info !
Anyone have one and able to review it ?

The one we ordered is the 2.0 Bluehdi 180 auto, glass roof, Black, cd player and managed to negotiate free servicing and first mot when needed.

Can't wait, how many sleeps ? No idea, no info yet !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi BeePee

I've got a 308 GT 2.0 HDi 135 manual, a 57 plate, full panoramic roof, fab spec and love it.

Owned it for last 5 years without any major issues (well up until last week lol!). At the thought of a high repair bill I've contemplated swapping it for something else but tbh difficult to find comparable spec at the cost you pay for a Peugeot. Think I'll just stay put with it and gulp at the repairs!

Enjoy your new car I'm sure it will bring you lots of fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Hi all

Name is Shane I've seen forum a few times for problems I've had with Peugeots in past thought I better sign up as this is the first port of call when I have problems great info and help great work thanks all been a major help

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think all new forum members should have to read this peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/ before it lets them sign up

it should also ask a few random questions to verify that they have read it
I'd agree with that... I signed up yesterday and missed this page (I must not have looked very hard).

Maybe just a link to it in the terms and conditions you tick when signing up would be a good place to start? (Sorry if it's there and I missed it)

To introduce myself - I'm an Australian Dad currently travelling around the UK -our ride is a 2003 307sw 2.0L HDi (90hp diesel). We paid £900 for it, and whilst generally happy with it, you expect a few issues with any car at that price.

I'm a fitter & turner by trade, but have limited tools with me for major jobs. I hope to be able to save a few bucks by diagnosing as many problems as I can and doing the small jobs myself.

On the list of things to look at just after I bought it were the brakes being a bit pitted, and the clutch a touch shuddery on take off when cold (only a bit, and it's a long way from a flywheel self-destructing - might even be an engine mount). Since then I've had an ABS fault come up, and noticed I need a new plunger in the indicator stalk. At some stage (very soon) I also want to inspect the timing belt, as I have no idea when it might have been looked at...

Getting about 600 miles out of a tank of diesel at the moment - happy with that, but don't have a comparison to tell me if that's good - compared to my last cars - a 3.0L diesel 4x4 and a 3.8L petrol V6 sedan - that's good.

Hope to be able to give back to the forum :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
new user

Hi just introducing myself. Owned 307 2.0 hdi 90 until cambelt went! and now 206 1.4 hdi sw.
Looking for good information on getting any problems fixed (not found any on the new 206 yet!)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.