Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

Yesterday I took delivery of a new Peugeot 107 2 Tripronic. I chose the Peugeot 107 for its fuel economy 62MPG combined as from September I will be making a 50 mile round trip to Southampton twice a week where I will undertaking an MA in Medieval and Renaissance Culture.

I drive an automatic because I have a disability and have also been both rear ended and rammed by male teenage drivers and now have spinal and neck injuries to contend with in addition to my existing disability. I am finding the 107 very comfortable to sit in. It is the first time that I have driven a semi automatic and that feels a bit clunky especially when going slow but obviously the car needs to run in. I noticed yesterday when it was raining that when I opened the tailgate that in the up position all the water thats on the tailgate runs into the car. I have just read a post on here where a lady was describing how she found that rainwater had collected in the spare wheel in the bottom of her 107's boot along with other posts concerning repairing and replacing the seal on the 107's tailgate. I take it that there is no way to stop water getting in if there is a problem with the seal around the tailgate area or to stop rainwater thats on the tailgate from running into the boot / onto the back on the rear seats when the tailgate is open?

Other then that I am finding the 107 to be a nice little car and am looking forward to driving it :)

Regards

Harley :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Greetings,

Water running off the hatch into the boot is an unfortunate oversight in the design, and not one that I'm aware anyone has found a bodge for, other than not opening to boot in the rain.

Water leaks into the boot causing problems are a separate matter, and seem to afflict the earlier versions more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I find the seats in my 107 very comfortable (as good as most cars). I used to suffer back problems but not in a 107. Hope you are enjoying the car,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts