Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am sorry to join and then ask a question in my first post but I am a bit stuck on something that I am sure someone here would be able to get me out of trouble.

My son has a little 207 convertible and the clutch was making a racket, not a problem I bought a new clutch and took the gear box out then found the clutch was fine and the gear box was shagged.

No problem I will just get another gearbox, yeah right.

I have been looking for about 4 weeks for the right one and I cant find one, so I thought I would ask those that know if any other box will fit.

The code number on this box is 20CQ46

Unless he wants a recon box for £250 to £400 it looks like he isn't getting one.

My question is this. Will any other box fit this car, I dont care about ratio's we just need to get it driving.

Its a 2007 207 GT CC 1600.

Any help will really be appreciated as my boy is getting a bit worried he has bought a pup.

regards.

·
6,094 Posts
How bad is the gearbox if it's just input shaft bearings it's a doable DIY repair if the rest of the box is ok. Total cost for bearings is around £40

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Windy.

Yes it is the bearing and we did take the bell housing off to have a look but we couldn't get the shaft out so we left it but now it seems like the only way we are going to get one to fit.

Is there a tutorial / pictorial anywhere that shows the step by step strip down of the box anywhere.

I would still rather just buy another box if anyone knows what other box is compatible with the 20CQ46 box.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
hi smiffie

is it the 1.6 turbo engine ?

we got a number of gearbox's here that would fit from the thp certainly wouldn't be as expensive as what you have been quoted if interested in one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ADS.

It is not the turbo version.

I can buy a gearbox for £100 as there is a breakers yard a mile from my door and he has 7 cars with that type of box but none being 20CQ46 and I dont want to buy one if it isn't compatible.
I would buy one from you if it is about that money but ideally I want to know what other number gear box is compatible then I can go there and pick one up today / tomorrow and get this car back on the road.

Can you please help me with this.

Regards.

·
6,094 Posts
Thanks for that Windy.

Yes it is the bearing and we did take the bell housing off to have a look but we couldn't get the shaft out so we left it but now it seems like the only way we are going to get one to fit.

Is there a tutorial / pictorial anywhere that shows the step by step strip down of the box anywhere.

I would still rather just buy another box if anyone knows what other box is compatible with the 20CQ46 box.

Thanks again.
I used this 206 guide when I did the daughters car
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13321&sid=ed19d96d2b281740378429e63bbd8517

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts