Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I am new to forums!

Can anyone help and advise. After many years of trouble free motoring with a Peugeot it would appear that I now have a Power Steering Problem.

On the way back from Southport today I received the dreaded warning message.

I have had the car regularly serviced but not at a main dealer.

Can anyone please advise on the best way to investors gate / resolve this issue.

Please note I am typically car ignorant. It smells expensive !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi everyone

I am new to forums!

Can anyone help and advise. After many years of trouble free motoring with a Peugeot it would appear that I now have a Power Steering Problem.

On the way back from Southport today I received the dreaded warning message.

I have had the car regularly serviced but not at a main dealer.

Can anyone please advise on the best way to investors gate / resolve this issue.

Please note I am typically car ignorant. It smells expensive !
Hi,

1, are you losing power steering fluid, have you checked level.

2. If loosing fluid have you checked as best possible all of your steering components.

3. When you say power steering problem, what sort of problem. Have you lost power steering totally, or is it now and again like when cornering or doing small manoeuvres.

More info would greatly help anyone that could possibly point you in the right direction. :thumb:

you might also want to read this as it could be the same fault

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/faulty-power-steering-130770/index3.html

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
207 power steering is electric it has NO FLUID

Its also a well known issue you need to do a search for the issue plenty info and advice on the forum already

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I will look into this a little more on the forum.

Just for the record the power steering is not working at all. As soon as I turn the engine on the warning is activated. The car is drivable with care!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts