Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the driver of a peugeot 406 GTX HDI (2001 Y)
The particulate emission filter come on/off regular stating diesel fuel additive fault.I have spoken to various mechanics and each state a different story,
One says to ignore it as it does not do any harm,
another it's okay to use but will fail it's MOT.
and a third say it will cost about £300 quid to repair and the fault could be elsewhere in the car thus costing even more.
Can someone tell me extactly what this filter does andwhere it is located
many Thanks BIG BOAB

·
Registered
862 Posts
BIG BOAB said:
The particulate emission filter come on/off regular stating diesel fuel additive fault.I have spoken to various mechanics and each state a different story,
and a third say it will cost about £300 quid to repair and the fault could be elsewhere in the car thus costing even more.
many Thanks BIG BOAB

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

The additive tank is usually topped up at every 48000 miles
it takes between 3 and 4 litres to fill it
The additive counter in the ecu will reseting.
Sometimes a manual regeneration of the FAP filter will be carried out as well
The top up and reset is part of the 48000 mile service there is an additional charge for this usually in the region of £150 to £200

psa recommends that the FAP filter its self is changed at 72000, but it only needs changed if its completely blocked and cant be cleared by manual regenerations.
some filters block at 50000 and some at 100000 but they do need changing at some point

The counter can only be reset with psa diagnostic equipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BIG BOAB said:
many Thanks BIG BOAB
Hi Moose. many thanks for this advice as I did'nt have a clue.Please can I ask another question as a pensioner would it do any damage if I left the repair for 3/4 weeks

BIG BOAB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Advice

Hi Moose
Thank-you again that as taken a great weight off my mind as I was getting worried
BIG BOAB:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts