Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'd just like to introduce myself, and car as a new member.

I've recently (5 weeks) purchased a 2007 Peugeot 307cc 1.6i petrol. We changed from a big family car, Nissan Primera 2.2, as the kids are now at an age to climb into the back. I'm very happy with the car so far, as I was very careful during the purchase, I read up on a lot of the common issues with these cars on this forum, and found it extremely helpful and active, so thanks for that.

The car had one owner from new and has a full up to date service history by local main dealers(probably the last time it will see the inside of one).

So to support the car, I thought it'd be wise to buy Lexia Rev. C kit alongside Diagbox. As there were a couple of small issues that I knew about when purchasing it.

I found the Diagbox installed and works better on my Windows Vista laptop as opposed to my Windows XP laptop. Although it was some experience just getting the thing loaded and reading the car. 3 weeks of messing, exchanging from Rev.B to Rev.C, because I didn't search deep enough. Nevertheless it's working now, but again the guidance with searching on this forum helped.

Judging by the mysteriousness of the Peugeot electrical systems, I'm sure I'll be a regular visitor, and hopefully be able to share my successes as well as failures.

·
11,809 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi
Nice Intro and not the usual Plea for help in the first post Lots of Info here for a regular on the forum you will meet some really friendly peeps here

·
Registered
842 Posts
.......and welcome to the forum from me too, :thumb: sounds like you've jumped in at the deep end and got yourself sorted out - wish I had your confidence, give me a Vauxhall Victor
and I'll have the engine out in less than an hour, these electronics systems baffle me.....

David

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi and welcome Plunder, new here myself having down sized from a Zafira to a 206. You'll find some very knowledgeable people on here and sharing your own experiences is a great way to contribute to the friendly community, on here. Hopefully between us all we can all keep our Peugeots on the road and out of garages. Diagbox is probably the best investment you can make if you want to maintain your Peugeot although I've got to admit I'm still fiddling with mine nearly a month after I bought it but I think that may be down to what I'm trying to run it on as the guy who sold it to me said it would run on anything that could run 32 bit XP or later, now I read on here that it requires good resources, think I might has sorted it now though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

Gibbo, I may go on the planet map, a problem shared is a problem halved, plus it'll give me points with the wife, as I had to justify buying it in the first place, I'll fine tune my understanding of it before breaking someone else's pride and joy first, as the first time I got it to speak to the car properly, I panicked when it locked the engine from starting during tests.

Jagn, Thanks for the compliment.:thumb:

Barrowman, It's not confidence, I have to prove to myself that I made the right decision, as for the old cars, I know what you mean, I come from a VW aircooled fanatic family, so have had many an engine in bits and reassembled, but I'm practically ostracised now for thinking outside the box that is a beetle.

Renegade, The problem I found with installing Diagbox, is that I never understood what was at fault, for instance on my XP system, it never threw up any errors during install, and never required activation beyond the first update, but Diagbox just wouldn't see the interface, but I was sent down a false trail, as PP2000 saw it, although it wouldn't give me the full options. No Global Test. But when I installed it onto my Vista laptop, I get activation messages all the time, which I just ignore, and it sees the interface as soon as I plug it in, and Diagbox then runs the global test. But PP2000 still won't run the global tests.There are a lot of options though which can be a bit overwhelming, so I'll take that stage one step at a time, and try not to break anything that may be important...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts