Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We own a 2004 307 SW HDI 110 SW. It is a great family car for our young boys and is very comfortable to drive. At the moment the car is causing us nothing but frustration and stress.

14 months ago I decided to take my car to a Remap centre and have the DPF removed / deleted and get a Remap too. All went well, though at the time the Remap company said they had a difficult time with the upload. They also couldn't disable the Anti Pollution Warning Message or light.

Apart from the constant warning light the car has driven perfectly since the Remap, good power and MPG a big improvement on before the Remap. But last weekend I changed the glow plugs, 3 out of 4 were defective, open circuit. Beforehand I disconnected the battery and successfully changed the glow plugs. The fun and games started when I reconnected the battery and took the car for a drive.

The car has lost its Remap and reverted back to before, slow, under powered and bad MPG!! To make matters worse I can't find the receipt for the Remap and it has been over a year since I got the Remap done. Is it possible to loose a Remap? I am starting to question the professionalism of the garage that did the work.

To cut a long story short I cannot afford a new Remap but cannot live with the car the way it is now. Is there a way I can buy the equipment and Remap myself with the help of you helpful forum members?

I think my ECU is a Siemens unit, it has three plugs at the top.

Please please help me, I am in a rut and need help.

Many thanks,

David :(

P.s I'm not loosing compression, the glow plugs are fit correctly.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
An interesting question - someone with much more knowledge than myself will I'm sure reply shortly.

As the new 'map' is loaded via a connection to the flash memory of the ecu - disconnecting the battery should not erase this memory.

Could it be that you've not followed the correct process for disconnecting and connecting the battery - and the car has gone into 'get you home mode'?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I recently deleted the dpf from my car using galetto 1260 and a program called winols, i also used ecusafe, it was hard to find the info i needed to give me the confidence to do it, as for doing your own remap you can use the mentioned tools to do it but the hard bit is doing a good tune, it isn't easy at all and is why proper mappers have spent hundreds of pounds and hundreds of hours learning the trade.

I don't think you could lose the map, unless you took the battery of incorrectly and did something to the ecu/bsi but again i don't know about that lol.

Also have the new injectors been programmed? I don't know if they need to be on the hdi but if they need some kind of setting up and you haven't that should give you these problems too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your advice, I'll give them a call on monday. To be honest I didn't know there was a proper way to disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm taking my 307 back to the Re mappers on Saturday, they said it shouldn't be the Remap causing the problems but I have a feeling it is. Time will tell. :confused:

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's good it shouldn't cost much as they have already done the work and should just be a case of uploading the mod file back to your car, maybe some diagnostics to check what's going on, pity you can't ask for a copy of the map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts