Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 07 GT coming at weekend and the keys have seen better days. I've been looking at replacements online and wondered if its just a straight swap over of internals and having the new blade cut or is there more to it ?

TIA
OBee72

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Got an 07 GT coming at weekend and the keys have seen better days. I've been looking at replacements online and wondered if its just a straight swap over of internals and having the new blade cut or is there more to it ?

TIA
OBee72
if its flip type key then just swap internals (make sure you get correct case with or without battery holder) and then knock the pin out and swap the blade over (you may need to file a tiny bit off your blade so it fits in new case)

·
Registered
186 Posts
The full key will cost you about £2.59 off ebay, it wont have the lion on the back (again on ebay for not much cash).
You can get the blade cut at your local Timpson etc or just do what I did and swap the pads over :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
The full key will cost you about £2.59 off ebay, it wont have the lion on the back (again on ebay for not much cash).
You can get the blade cut at your local Timpson etc or just do what I did and swap the pads over :)
Timpsons in Reading area straight up refused to cut my keys "in case they damage their machine"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts