Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've just been given a 1999 Peugeot Partner and the previous owner has lost the key.

1. Is there any way to bypass the immobiliser so I can get it home and into my garage, I need to drive it as there is a steep hill up to my garage and it needs to get off the road quick as the tax is about to run out.

2. I know I can get a key from the main dealer but is it possible to fit a complete set of keys & locks from a scrap vehicle and get these keys coded to the motor.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
862 Posts
elementalsurfer said:
Hi
I've just been given a 1999 Peugeot Partner and the previous owner has lost the key.

1. Is there any way to bypass the immobiliser so I can get it home and into my garage, I need to drive it as there is a steep hill up to my garage and it needs to get off the road quick as the tax is about to run out.

2. I know I can get a key from the main dealer but is it possible to fit a complete set of keys & locks from a scrap vehicle and get these keys coded to the motor.

Thanks

Tim

hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

you could get locks and keys from an other vehicle then decode the ecu,it would probably be cheaper.
This link is for a buisness that sell a immobiliser bypass-
http://www.automotiveelectronics.co.uk/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Immobiliser

Hi
Thanks for that sugestion.
I have come up with another solution that I'm sure will work; I plan on getting a complete lock & key set from the scrap yard and also get the ECU from off the same motor. The keys should already coded to that ECU.
I have quite a lot of experience decoding car stereo's and also plan on trying to crack this whole coding thing, at least for my motor anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
elementalsurfer said:
Hi
Thanks for that sugestion.
I have come up with another solution that I'm sure will work; I plan on getting a complete lock & key set from the scrap yard and also get the ECU from off the same motor. The keys should already coded to that ECU.
I have quite a lot of experience decoding car stereo's and also plan on trying to crack this whole coding thing, at least for my motor anyway.

As long as the keys,locks and ecu are all undamaged,then in theory your idea should work. The ecu might need re-programmed if its disconnected for a while,Keep us posted on your progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts