Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we got locked out of our peugeot 307 the key was turning but the key barrell didnt feel right . I eventually got in by forcing the key clockwise and it opened. Ive been to a peugeot centre today (not authorised dealer) and he said the cheapest and best option would be to leave the lock and get the key fixed so that the central locking works with the key. The key we have with it is broken . The main boards still in it but theres some parts of it missing. He told me if we had the code for the key he could get a new key for £40-£50 but id w didnt have the code he would have to pay the main dealer £20 for this.

Is there another cheaper option or cheaper company who can maybe do something with the old key ?

C

·
0 Posts
Have you tried soaking the lock barrell inside etc with WD40 and letting it soak etc then try working it a bit until it frees up?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Yesterday we got locked out of our peugeot 307 the key was turning but the key barrell didnt feel right . I eventually got in by forcing the key clockwise and it opened. Ive been to a peugeot centre today (not authorised dealer) and he said the cheapest and best option would be to leave the lock and get the key fixed so that the central locking works with the key. The key we have with it is broken . The main boards still in it but theres some parts of it missing. He told me if we had the code for the key he could get a new key for £40-£50 but id w didnt have the code he would have to pay the main dealer £20 for this.

Is there another cheaper option or cheaper company who can maybe do something with the old key ?
it could even be the door actuator at fault and not the lock its self if the key goes into the lock and turns ok then its the actuator they are about £10 from scrap yard but make sure you get one with the same colour connector on it also you key is it just the buttons missing is so then you can buy new buttons and solder them on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts