Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi 307 sw ...2003....Got new flip key type for car..as old key was wored...my question is i transfered the insides of old key to new one..so all i needed to do was cut key on the new key....fob works in new key...got key cut...opens door..and works in lock in car..but car wont start....i ended up putting old key and shell in car to work...why wont new key work...does the old metal part of the old key have something in it to make car work..really confusing..?

ps...the fob on the new key....does open and close the doors so cant see anything wrong there...

G

·
There will be a little tiny black chip in the old key somewhere that isnt attached to the circuit board

This also needs transferring as it sends the transponder code to the cars ecu

I used to have one on my desk but cant find it to take a picture!

Rich :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, had the same problem before, tiny black chip in the corner of the case needs to transferred.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yet again you guys spot on....all workin now...posted some pics...Out of interest how the hell does it work.i know now it transfer the code...but its not connected to a battery or a circuit board....or any i can see...thanks again guys for help...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
just out of interest, can you buy these flip ones and just take the blade from the old one and put it in?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My old key was the normal type...not flip like the one in picture...the key on the flip one is part of the metal hinge so would need to be cut...but a local lock smith that deals with car keys can cut it from your old key...which is what i done...sayin that the locksmith was moaning something about the metal being harder and he had to go really slow when cutting...if your interested in this key i can point you to the guy i got it from feabay..saying that..that would be a good idea if they did it that way..

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
yeah im sure i saw something where people said it was possible to swap the blade...but no worries if not, just go to a cheap key cutter and get it done...

can you post the seller link please.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
thanks, how much did it cost to get the blade cut for yourself and was it a highstreet shop such as timpsons?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi mate i went to a place by me...northwest keys...they deal mostly with car keys ect....i wouldnt say it was a highstreet place.......anyway cost me 16 pounds all in....

·
Registered
873 Posts
There are sellers on ebay that offer key cutting service for £10. Plus those flip keys will only work on newer 307's.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i would have thought they would work with all cars, aslong as you swap the chip board and little black dealy, got the key cut exactly the same :s

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi blawford...dont see why it wont....i have the 307sw 2003...only problem i had was forgettin the transponder which the kind guys on here pointed out to me...if you do get the same flip type key...make sure the transponder is stuck at the top and cant fall down...i found on mine it fall from where it was to the bottom of flip as there was a bit of a gap not much but enough....anyway i opened it up now and made sure it wont fall down now..i had no problems...just transfer the circuit board and battery which just fit into the new key and then transponder to top...and get keycut at lock smith...all told cost me 16 quid for keycut and 13 for flip key.....thats 29..not bad for nice looking key...link for key has been posted already on this thread...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Your link doesn't work anymore, but from the pictures you have posted it looks to be this one?

Looks as if it should work as the buttons are similarly positioned to the old one to allow the PCB from the old key to fit in the right place which is why some of the others probably wouldn't work...

Do you have a picture of the other side of the keyfob?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yea I bought it too, you can get it cheaper though from other sellers, I got mine for 15 dollars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.