Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 306 meridian, but with only 1 key and no remote. I need to order a replacement key and don't want any remote functionality. Once the garage has the car details and the code will they be able to supply a key that works or will it then need encoding to match the car?
Thanks, Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Depends on the year of the car and type of immobiliser

My 95 306 didnt have a chip in the key so i could just get a basic one done for about £3 :D

D

·
0 Posts
Transponder

You'll need to get the physical key. You may have a credit card sized card you got with the car, that as the transponder code on. This will be needed to train your new key along with the key you have got. You have to get them all trained again.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Can a second hand key bought off ebay be coded. I bought one off ebay 2 months ago, I transferred the blade and the small black chip over to the new key. Cars starts ok but central locking doesnt work.

Took it to my local dealer and he said only one car can be coded, a second hand key will not work and I will have to buy a new key.

Is this true, as Stubbo, a member here managed to get a second hand key coded ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts