Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place but its my first post.

I'm looking at getting a 2001 406 diesel and the guy im getting it from says it needs a new key as the fob isn't working anymore and it "takes patience" to lock it manually. Can someone please tell me the cheapest place to get a new key as i know dealer prices are stupid. And is this a common problem, the locks being tempremental when using the key manually? Should a new remote fob work ok if the keys not always doing the job in the door? Cheers, rick.

G

·
0 Posts
If the key is the original Peugeot one with the buttons on it then this can be re-synced to the car to use the remote.

The doors have a safety feature which makes the barrels simply spin round if you put the wrong key in, sadly when the correct key is used then the barrel will spin if its a bit worn..:nono: so a new key isn't the answer - getting the remote fob to work is the answer.

To buy a new key is expensive, but using your existing blade, transponder getting a lock place like Timpsons or similar to copy it will get you a new key with new transponder for a good price, albeit a non-remote.

In the meantime, the car would be easier to lock using the passenger door....:thumb: or gently tilt the key upwards when turning the key in the barrel will help too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts