Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

After messing with the car over the weekend and replacing batteries in keys,resyncing etc i've now been told by a key repair centre that the transmitter side of the key has died. He said that i'm looking at having to buy a new key at around £125. Is there any other way around getting the key to work without buying a new one ?

Thanks as always. Matt.

·
6,256 Posts
Trustme on here is a locksmith and can do keys cheaper that dealers and most others

·
Registered
13 Posts
talking about getting a new key, if i want to replace my casing on my key and it comes with a blank keyblade. can i just move that chip and the battery over to the new case and get that keyblade cut to the exact same as my original keys or is there some programming needs to be done with it?

·
Registered
695 Posts
talking about getting a new key, if i want to replace my casing on my key and it comes with a blank keyblade. can i just move that chip and the battery over to the new case and get that keyblade cut to the exact same as my original keys or is there some programming needs to be done with it?
No blade cutting or programming required,
just move the pcb,the small black transponer chip( if seperate from pcb)
and finally swap the blade into your new case :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
you shouldnt need to get the spring out..
just remove the blade by removing the small pin and swap the blank blade with your already cut blade..

the spring should already be in the new fob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts