Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I lost my key a couple of days ago and was wondering if any has any suggestions as to where to buy a new on and if they can be programmed yourself instead of being ripped off by Peugeot... I'm in a bit of a dilemma here if anyone can help !:mad: Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you still have a working key ?
If yes then most autolocksmiths can cut and supply a new key.
If it's a total key loss then it's:
1. A replacement immobiliser box from Peugeot plus new keys, very expensive or
2. A good autolocksmith can "eeprom" the security information from the car and create new keys. Can be expensive but usually cheaper and a lot faster than option 1.
This info is for 107/C1/Aygo, not the rest of the Peugeot range.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian, I do still have a key but it doesn't have the remote locking. I'm guessing its going to be the expensive job of contacting the dealer !?:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
As above don't lose that key or its BIG money to recover the situation.
I'd advise getting a quote from Peugeot main dealer plus also a local autolocksmith for a replacement remote as a comparison, DONT use somewhere like Timpsons, you will regret it !

G

·
0 Posts
Timpsons are a franchise, some good some not so good.

If the key you have will start the car then that is good - take the key to a local independent locksmith and they can use that key to copy the information onto a new non-remote key for a low price ( it cost £15 to do the wifes Picasso.. ) - if you want a new remote key then you may need to go to the Peugeot Stealers as a 2nd hand remote cannot be reprogrammed to match your car....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet! I've looked everywhere but still no luck. Peugeot quoted me £175 but I got an alternative at £140. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and give him a call tomorrow..!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you are ok to use a key fob then do what I done on my old Honda , I done the same and lost the key ,after a silly quote from Honda_ as the car was imported, not that it would make a difference I bought a laser line car alarm for 90.00 quid I then also bought the microwave module and fitted that just for fun 25.00 quid , this wires into your central locking so you can open and lock through the fob, you obviously still have your key to start and run, the alarm was fantastic with the micro wave module as it talked ( move away from the vehicle) only down side was the people who wanted to hear it talk lol and would return to the car just to hear it ( I guess they never saw night rider) but anyways,for the extra security and having the car open and lock remotely_ plus very easy to fit , its well worth considering ,

Cheers ed

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds about the going rate, I got quoted 140 quid for supply of a new remote key, cut and programmed including reading the immobiliser code from a local local locksmith for my 206. I don't know about 107's but most cars you can't program a second hand key to unless the transponder is replaced by a new uncoded one. I was lucky because mine is of the old key type where the transponder is seperate, so a second hand key from Ebay cut by the local cobbler, new transponder and a dose of Peugeot Planet and it was sorted for around 45 quid including 20 to the agents for the imob code.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts