Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi forum,

Picked up a 2015 308 2.0HDI SW in Allure spec a couple of weeks ago for the OH at a price I couldn't refuse ;) Coming from german metal (sorry!) and currently in a 5 series I actually enjoy driving it when I can, it's a nice little steer.

Anyway, not done much to it. Updated firmware & maps (thanks Paul) and most bulbs to LED (thanks Allan) and started to correct a couple of panels where it looks like it has been parked next to (or in) a bush. Also tyre fitter informed me front nearside alloy is potholed so out of true vertically but will balance laterally so currently on Ebay watch for a good 17" Ruby alloy.

So plans in the next couple of weeks are:

1) Sill protectors but can only find the OEM ones as front only, does anyone know if the front pattern fits the rear also?
2) Fully correct all panels on the car, this is just a time issue I can do it myself. The twilight blue is an interesting colour, despite looking almost black on a dull day it really pops in the sun with the metal flake.
3) Investigate sourcing a TFT instrument cluster to replace the LCD one (though I actually quite like its clarity), this is just because I am a tinkerer ;) Anyone done this or know if it is feasible? They appear to be available on ebay etc. just need to confirm p/n and assume it will be a coding job but I have coded VW & BMW in the past.
4) I would consider replacing the alloys as most need a recut on the rim at least and one has had a dodgy 'chrome' paint refurb on the lip and fade in. However, this is tempered by the fact I've just put new Michelins on the front also I've had plenty of Germans on 18/19's at the expense of comfort. Do like the 18" Sapphires though...
5) Investigate tuning options at some point. The 2.0HDI is pretty perky once rolling due to the light weight I assume but would be interested to see what 180/190 bhp felt like. And no, I couldn't have got a GT at the money I got the Allure for :p

One last thing, I'm having it serviced next month before our annual pilgrimage to the emerald isle but I have noticed the engine pulses or "throbs" :eek: when at a stop on the foot-brake or handbrake. Anyone experienced this? Resolved by a service?

Lots of stuff in there, apologies I can spin off any topics separately if necessary but I gladly welcome any feedback.

Cheers everyone...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi forum,

5) Investigate tuning options at some point. The 2.0HDI is pretty perky once rolling due to the light weight I assume but would be interested to see what 180/190 bhp felt like. And no, I couldn't have got a GT at the money I got the Allure for :p

One last thing, I'm having it serviced next month before our annual pilgrimage to the emerald isle but I have noticed the engine pulses or "throbs" :eek: when at a stop on the foot-brake or handbrake. Anyone experienced this? Resolved by a service?
I'm considering step up above 181 bhp stock just to see what its like.
Never had the throb not sure what you mean is it a EAT6 or manual?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

It is an EAT6. Both of us have felt and commented on a beat or pulse to the engine/transmission when held on the brake, sure it wasn't evident initially. Not enough hunting of the revs to reflect on the rev counter but enough to rock the car slightly when held. Of course as soon as off the brake then perfectly smooth when moving off and fine as far as I can see during general driving.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The stop start is smoother than a BMW F10 (what I used to drive before). It is a bit strange how it stops. The BMW tended to be more agricultural (I had a 520d manual)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, the S/S is good but come to think of it don't see it engage very often at all these days even after I've been out a while and fully up to temp etc. Also it can be a bit of a PITA when parking up at home which takes a bit of finessing to get within 10-15cm of a wall so sensors are firmly in the red, keep having to remember to disengage ECO before manoeuvering as don't want to lurch into said wall on a restart. Also believe undoing your seatbelt will disable it for manoeuvering purposes.

Guess the pulsing would not be such an issue or noticeable if ECO engaged more often, possibly something for investigation and maybe that's why we didn't notice it a week or two ago as ECO definitely kicked in more often...

Got me thinking about that absence of ECO now and why it's not kicking in like it used to...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mine worked fine last summer until winter, dealer says the battery as to charge up first and outside temperature above a set minimum before it starts to work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, I've been looking at the criteria for stop start and eliminated most so was thinking it could be the battery. Seems strange that it would be that though at less than 2 years old and car does decent distances not short journeys.

Are these fitted with poor batteries from the factory?

Time to get the multimeter out....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.