Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :thumb:

Thought I would join as I'm soon..ish to be a new Peugeot owner.

Placed an order at the beginning of February for a RCZ - delivery not due until July ! :) I've not seen one in the flesh, so to speak, not sat in one, not driven one - but I fell in love with it when I saw the first pictures back in August 2009. Done lots of research and decided it was just too good to miss.

Can't wait I'm so excited. I think the car looks fabulous.

Are there any plans for a RCZ section on this forum?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've gone for the 1.6 THP 156 engine. I wanted a reasonable fuel economy and lowish CO2 emissions, which this will give me.

Yes, it will cost me a pretty penny - it will be the most I've ever paid for a car but I save my money to put to a new car every 3 years so I reckon I'm allowed to treat myself - you only live once after all:) . Its still a little scary though but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I've always loved the Audi TT and dreamed one day of owning one however as soon as I saw the RCZ (you can see some designs have been lifted from the TT), I thought it looked more distinctive than the TT. You can also customise them with different coloured roof arches, different roof panels, etc which makes them more unique, in my opinion.:thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
RCZ1 said:
I've gone for the 1.6 THP 156 engine. I wanted a reasonable fuel economy and lowish CO2 emissions, which this will give me.

Yes, it will cost me a pretty penny - it will be the most I've ever paid for a car but I save my money to put to a new car every 3 years so I reckon I'm allowed to treat myself - you only live once after all:) . Its still a little scary though but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I've always loved the Audi TT and dreamed one day of owning one however as soon as I saw the RCZ (you can see some designs have been lifted from the TT), I thought it looked more distinctive than the TT. You can also customise them with different coloured roof arches, different roof panels, etc which makes them more unique, in my opinion.:thumb:
Ah OK. I was thinking it may be higher powered.

Does indeed look like a Pug TT, in fact that was my exact first thought, wow that looks just like a TT.

1.6 200bhp is the highest powered. From those looks I just would've thought they'd do a bit more.

Altho 200bhp out of a 1.6. That is some damn good going.

Not trying to slag off your choice of engine or anything, I'm just a bit of a bhp lover

G

·
If you're a BHP lover then any mainstream car is going to be so booorrrriiiinnngggg. Anything south of 400BHP or so really is just mundane, and the difference between 150ish and 200ish BHP isn't really worth getting moist over, especially in modern traffic conditions. Driving to work in my Integrales or 7 series, took exactly as long to the minute as it did in my 107s, so the only thing that get's stroked is the ego and the wallet.

Sweet motor mate, though you're a brave man buying a car you've not driven - I wouldn't spent £100 on a car I've not had a go in! My missus is pestering me severely for a 3008, and I myself need a car with a little more elbow room so have been considering the 5008 or 4008. They're knocking out some interesting cars lately.

Soon as it arrives, we want pics. It's the law!

·
Registered
184 Posts
chopper1192 said:
If you're a BHP lover then any mainstream car is going to be so booorrrriiiinnngggg. Anything south of 400BHP or so really is just mundane, and the difference between 150ish and 200ish BHP isn't really worth getting moist over, especially in modern traffic conditions. Driving to work in my Integrales or 7 series, took exactly as long to the minute as it did in my 107s, so the only thing that get's stroked is the ego and the wallet.
To an extent I see your point. But lets not forget you are a copper ;) or something like and so I can understand if you are following the rules of the road and using it only on a public road then again I see yur point. Not that I condone dangerous driving or do any myself, just saying ;)

As for the difference between 150 and 200. THERE SO IS!!!!!!!!
Driven many cars, none bring the same smiles that the 200+ ones did.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roy_newell said:
Ah OK. I was thinking it may be higher powered.

1.6 200bhp is the highest powered. From those looks I just would've thought they'd do a bit more.

Altho 200bhp out of a 1.6. That is some damn good going.

Not trying to slag off your choice of engine or anything, I'm just a bit of a bhp lover
Not at all Roy, as I say it was more fuel economy and low CO2 emissions that were my main concerns. I appreciate people will feel its underpowered but its very rare that I or anyone get a chance to enjoy the full potential of any car.

chopper1192 said:
Sweet motor mate, though you're a brave man buying a car you've not driven - I wouldn't spent £100 on a car I've not had a go in! My missus is pestering me severely for a 3008, and I myself need a car with a little more elbow room so have been considering the 5008 or 4008. They're knocking out some interesting cars lately.

Soon as it arrives, we want pics. It's the law!
Hi Chopper, first things first. I'm a woman not a man - but you are excused;)

Secondly, I suppose us women are a little prone to impulse buys but I just know that if I drove it or not - I would still want it. People may think I'm mad but I'm probably not the first and certainly not the last, to order a car that they have not actually seen.

Of course I will post up pics just as soon as it arrives - but that's a way off yet :(

Thanks for your comments though guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
RCZ1 said:
Not at all Roy, as I say it was more fuel economy and low CO2 emissions that were my main concerns. I appreciate people will feel its underpowered but its very rare that I or anyone get a chance to enjoy the full potential of any car.
Wasn't meaning its pathetic and you should be ashamed like, lol. Each to their own, just from the look I expect it to be more than a 1.6 if ya get me.

Hi Chopper, first things first. I'm a woman not a man - but you are excused;)
That explains it all ;)

Only jesting though, gorgeous car, I'm sure you will love it when you take delivery.

G

·
Sorry RCZ. Didn't realise you were a dame! I'm sure you'll make the RCZ look mighty fine.

Roy, you must be getting old there feller ;) 200 BHP does not a fast car make, except maybe in something featherlight like a Caterham. I mean sheeeesh, I've owned motorbikes with more than that. For me 400 or so brake was the point where a car really felt like it was capable of moving along nicely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Sorry RCZ. Didn't realise you were a dame! I'm sure you'll make the RCZ look mighty fine.

Roy, you must be getting old there feller ;) 200 BHP does not a fast car make, except maybe in something featherlight like a Caterham. I mean sheeeesh, I've owned motorbikes with more than that. For me 400 or so brake was the point where a car really felt like it was capable of moving along nicely.
LOL. The problem is not old enough yet to have experienced the true pleasures in life such as 400bhp :( For me 220ish is as high as I've been and I miss it :( LOL

What have you driven at that bhp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.