Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new here need help.im buying a 307 2005 facelift model it a 55 plate 1.6hdi 110 2mora and was wondering what to look out for and whats the common fault on this model and does this model have fuel addetive as i read they go wrong alot of the times.pls help thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Chances are, that one will have the DPF :nod:

Check for all electrics to work, i.e. windows, mirrors, central locking, etc also check for any faults on the dash/display... anything to do with depollultion or ABS may cost a few bob to fix.

Common problems... ABS sensors, DPF, DMF, indicator stalk, CD changer

Just make sure to give it a really good going over before deciding to part with your money, as there really are dozens of 307s out there :nod:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chances are, that one will have the DPF :nod:

Check for all electrics to work, i.e. windows, mirrors, central locking, etc also check for any faults on the dash/display... anything to do with depollultion or ABS may cost a few bob to fix.

Common problems... ABS sensors, DPF, DMF, indicator stalk, CD changer

Just make sure to give it a really good going over before deciding to part with your money, as there really are dozens of 307s out there :nod:
thanks for ur advice the guy who is selling me the car said his car does not have the fuel addetive but i dont no if thats true or not this is my first ever peugeot

J

·
0 Posts
Get the last 8 digits of the VIN, post them on here, and we'll tell you exactly what the car does or doesn't have. If it had it when new, but he says it doesn't anymore, be very careful about buying it, because if it isn't done correctly, removing it can be fraught with problems.

Personally, I'd check with VIN first to see what was fitted when new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the last 8 digits of the VIN, post them on here, and we'll tell you exactly what the car does or doesn't have. If it had it when new, but he says it doesn't anymore, be very careful about buying it, because if it isn't done correctly, removing it can be fraught with problems.

give me a few miniute il give u the vin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the last 8 vin number is 84351206

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full car data in the attached file (extract the .zip and there is a .pdf in it)

And yes, this car did have the DPF/additive when new :nod:
k thanks mate as he said his car dont have one does that mean he removed it and is that anything to worry about should i give it a miss or should i still get it it done 84kmiles with full history

J

·
0 Posts
Its definitely worth questioning :nod:

There are more knowledgeable people on here than me, but very few have successfully managed to have the DPF removed without any problems since. I definitely wouldn't be buying it without having a scan of Planet on it first, as there are so many 307s around that its not worth buying it if it might be prone to problems.

First step... question him a bit more, along the lines of whether he knows what it is, whether he has had it removed, etc etc especially as it looks like it was there when new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its definitely worth questioning :nod:

There are more knowledgeable people on here than me, but very few have successfully managed to have the DPF removed without any problems since. I definitely wouldn't be buying it without having a scan of Planet on it first, as there are so many 307s around that its not worth buying it if it might be prone to problems.

First step... question him a bit more, along the lines of whether he knows what it is, whether he has had it removed, etc etc especially as it looks like it was there when new.
ok mate thanks for ur help im going off line now more likely i wont be buying it thanks for ur help once agian

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I`ve the DPF off on a 1.6hdi 407 and yes finally all sorted but that was after my mate who is a mapper , remapped my car a few times , think i would walk on this as he doesn`t know its being taken off or he`s not telling you , so what else is he not telling you ,
or its a bargaining chip to get it cheaper .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I`ve the DPF off on a 1.6hdi 407 and yes finally all sorted but that was after my mate who is a mapper , remapped my car a few times , think i would walk on this as he doesn`t know its being taken off or he`s not telling you , so what else is he not telling you ,
or its a bargaining chip to get it cheaper .
yea mate im gona walk away

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree with Matrin,if the guy is hiding the fact it was taken off,if he could at least give you when and why,but this is one that could cause you problem after problem,so pass on this on but if this is the car you are after, then there are lots out there.you may get the feeling from reading here that they go wrong all the time,but i don't think so,i think all cars have there faults and this forum is for those that drive peugeot,with all the members here its not a bad call to go for a pug as theres always a helping hand on here. :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd be more inclined to think that he is lying about the car not having the DPF, chances are he either doesn't know exactly what it is or he's hiding the fact that there is an issue with it. I've been to traders who claim that they don't know what the DPF on a Peugeot is, laughable I know considering that there are so many manufacturers out there who fit them to their cars now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be more inclined to think that he is lying about the car not having the DPF, chances are he either doesn't know exactly what it is or he's hiding the fact that there is an issue with it. I've been to traders who claim that they don't know what the DPF on a Peugeot is, laughable I know considering that there are so many manufacturers out there who fit them to their cars now.
I spoke to the guy today and he said he cant be 100% sure if it had one or not but he keeps mentioning about a magnet near the fill cap and he said the magnet is not there thats why he thinks his car dont have a fuel addetive but i think his not sure what it really is.

J

·
0 Posts
Magnet could have come off or gone missing, doesn't mean it doesn't have DPF.

Is he a trader, or private? If private, how long has he had the car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Magnet could have come off or gone missing, doesn't mean it doesn't have DPF.

Is he a trader, or private? If private, how long has he had the car?
he is a private seller he says he had it for 1 and half year. Im not sure if i will be getting this car but im still thinking bout it. he says he never had a problem with it since he had it but u cant belive everything every1 says

·
Registered
387 Posts
As far as my memory serves the filler cap tells the the ecu when to add the fluid, so if the magnet is missing and you do have a DPF then it will probably be clogged up and need replacing or removing. Either way, it's not worth the consideration because if it has been removed and not done correctly you will end up with just as many problems as you would if it was still there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As far as my memory serves the filler cap tells the the ecu when to add the fluid, so if the magnet is missing and you do have a DPF then it will probably be clogged up and need replacing or removing. Either way, it's not worth the consideration because if it has been removed and not done correctly you will end up with just as many problems as you would if it was still there.
yea mate i think i will give it a miss dont need the hassel i always drove german cars and at the moment i have a 2006 focus 2.0 petrol titanium which is a st replica and was thinking of selling it and getting a 307 as i need something cheaper to run as im out of work right now so i will give the car a miss cant afford to stat spending money on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Check the fault list (error logs) from the ECU (if they haven't been wiped).

If you have the following 2 alarms be worried about.

(1) Glow Plugs
(2) Sensor for the fuel filling cap

Either 1 will cause your DPF to block prematurely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts