Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title. Following logging/diagnostic visit last month, car now been into Stealer for a couple of days to remediate lack of TomTom live services since purchase. They have called the OH this afternoon to say it needs a new head unit but don't bother coming to pick car up as the dash is in pieces :yikes:

Thankfully they are upgrading the very rattly (underbody & behind dash) 2008 courtesy car (new 67 reg), to some unspecified version of a 3008 this weekend.

Apparently head units are in short (or no) supply as they have spoken to Peugeot UK who have spoken to Peugeot Fr who now need to speak to Continental to source one. Got a feeling this one could run and run....:nono:

As an aside, wondering if in a shortage whether they have been/are using repaired or re-manufactured HU's, always thought it was strange firmware & map versions were out of sync on mine (by date) initially before I upgraded to current revs. Surely HUs would just be flashed with current versions of each at time of manufacture? Not sure how they would end up out of sync relative to version numbers by a couple of months unless some rework being done on units?

·
Registered
92 Posts
As per title. Following logging/diagnostic visit last month, car now been into Stealer for a couple of days to remediate lack of TomTom live services since purchase. They have called the OH this afternoon to say it needs a new head unit but don't bother coming to pick car up as the dash is in pieces

Thankfully they are upgrading the very rattly (underbody & behind dash) 2008 courtesy car (new 67 reg), to some unspecified version of a 3008 this weekend.

Apparently head units are in short (or no) supply as they have spoken to Peugeot UK who have spoken to Peugeot Fr who now need to speak to Continental to source one. Got a feeling this one could run and run....

As an aside, wondering if in a shortage whether they have been/are using repaired or re-manufactured HU's, always thought it was strange firmware & map versions were out of sync on mine (by date) initially before I upgraded to current revs. Surely HUs would just be flashed with current versions of each at time of manufacture? Not sure how they would end up out of sync relative to version numbers by a couple of months unless some rework being done on units?
Jeez, thats tough going. Faced with that hassle I think I would have just accepted that I needed to turn up at the garage to see the price of fuel and look out the window to check the weather. Not sure I could be bothered with the hassle.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just remember it’s a German component fault which degrades Peugeot’s reputation.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez, thats tough going. Faced with that hassle I think I would have just accepted that I needed to turn up at the garage to see the price of fuel and look out the window to check the weather. Not sure I could be bothered with the hassle.
Agreed, finding Waze via AA in the meantime is flawless and has up to date mapping and info, aside from not displaying maps in the cluster I would possibly prefer this as a day-to-day solution. However just can't let it slide that brand new car does not have a level of functionality as described. Coupled with the knocking from the rear it was difficult to just let it be. Fortunately (we) still think it's a great car...

Just hope no issues after 'reassembly' :eek:

Reactions: border_all

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just remember it’s a German component fault which degrades Peugeot’s reputation.
Indeed, a certain degree of irony there :rofl2:

Been there and done that with all 3 German marques over last 10 years so find this gives me a good base for 'discussion' with people who question why I've bought a Peugeot when I could have had a low-spec model German just like them :shame:

I accept any brand will have issues/niggles my only real issue with Peugeot so far is that they continue to lag well behind in the customer service/after sales stakes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New head unit required - update

Just back home after a short break away. Received a call when away from our salesman who said he had noticed our vehicle had been in workshop for a 'while' (...currently 10 days).

He asked had anyone been in touch with us (..errr no) and where we were on a scale of 1 to cheesed off? (..errr getting there) :rolleyes:

Said he'd asked the workshop for an update and they said they had not yet received authorisation for a replacement unit from Peugeot despite Peugeot accepting the unit was the issue. Whether this was something to do with securing a warranty replacement from Continental (and assuming incurring no additional cost to themselves..) I'm not sure at this stage and surprisingly enough neither was he.

I asked him for a further update early next week but he said he would ensure service would call as he was on annual leave for 2 weeks :nono:

As I've said before this one could run and run...

What's the betting they 'forget' to resolve the under body knocking issue it is also in for with all this additional excitement...that would certainly be the icing on the cake.

Already thinking of what sweeteners may be on the table relative to this sorry tale...free speed cameras as a starter for 10? ;)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just back home after a short break away. Received a call when away from our salesman who said he had noticed our vehicle had been in workshop for a 'while' (...currently 10 days).

He asked had anyone been in touch with us (..errr no) and where we were on a scale of 1 to cheesed off? (..errr getting there) :rolleyes:

Said he'd asked the workshop for an update and they said they had not yet received authorisation for a replacement unit from Peugeot despite Peugeot accepting the unit was the issue. Whether this was something to do with securing a warranty replacement from Continental (and assuming incurring no additional cost to themselves..) I'm not sure at this stage and surprisingly enough neither was he.

I asked him for a further update early next week but he said he would ensure service would call as he was on annual leave for 2 weeks :nono:

As I've said before this one could run and run...

What's the betting they 'forget' to resolve the under body knocking issue it is also in for with all this additional excitement...that would certainly be the icing on the cake.

Already thinking of what sweeteners may be on the table relative to this sorry tale...free speed cameras as a starter for 10? ;)
Wow I admire your patience I think I would be getting very anoyed. Have they explained why they could not remove the offending parts from a new donar car repair your car and they wait after all they have your money and your warranty is running. Adding for free speed camera longer extended warranty hopefully you get good news soon

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I suggested installation of a proven working donor unit but there was some mention of serial numbers and units being specific to the vehicle. I will have to give benefit of the doubt here as I know replacement electronic components have had to be coded to my vehicles in the past. But knowing Peugeot by now it could be true or false, flip a coin :shrug2:

Lack of patience somewhat mitigated by being away for a lot of the time the car has been in the dealership and also finally obtaining a 3008 courtesy car after the less than satisfactory 2008 (brand new but intrusive rattling from at least 3 different points in the vehicle). They asked us to bring the 2008 in and wait while they fixed the rattles, oh how we laughed :rofl:

Maybe it was the look on my OH's face but they rapidly acquired a 3008 which had clearly been hastily liberated from a member of staff being as it still had half their possessions in it and a rather dubious looking stain on the rear seat (fortunately on the middle pleather section so it wiped off) :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just back home after a short break away.

I think this was the problem with my first new 3008 and neither Peugeot or Continental accepted responsibility for the cost of replacement, blaming each other. I eventually rejected the car altogether.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, pathetic isn't it. Cost price of these units must be minimal yet they are happy to cultivate confusion, mess the customer about and ultimately run the risk of losing current/future business over it.

Not thought about rejection yet but strangely the OH has mentioned it (jokingly?) in passing. Sad that such a trivial issue (no live services) could rapidly develop into such a major debacle so we'll see...

Always thought it was strange there was a delivery mileage 3008 virtually identical to ours (minus black diamond roof) for sale in their preowned vehicles the weekend we ordered our car. Salesman said it had been rejected for brake noise by new owners who refused to accept excuse that it was the pre-application as part of safety systems etc. etc. So clearly Peugeot had done nothing with it before getting it back up for sale. Perhaps the new owners would have less sensitive ears?

We considered buying it (right colour) but the strange thing was we got ours new at significantly less than the sticker price of this used car.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
They COULD remove a unit from another vehicle and recode it to yours as i said already they are vin coded to the car and it is very easy to do infact with their access to peugeots servers they can do it even easier than i can !! they are just being the usual dealer and hoping you believe the bullshit :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I know this does not solve your issue however i use an iphone 8+ for navigation tomtom recently switched the app and while i kept the original app it eventually would not work correctly and I switched for the newest version. Long story short the new app live service is very poor many in the app store complain and tomtom claim they are attempting to fix the problem

This may be part of tbe problem with your car and why Peugeot can’t fix the issue i got a free 3 year subscription for tomtom but find most times i am now using Apple maps via Bluetooth

I really hope you can resolve your issue the car is in my view gorgeous and in the future I would love to buy one though have a sneaky feeling i might add Apple carplay lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts