Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just joined i have a question about fitting a replacment head unit too my 53 plate 307. I have been too halfords too try and get the correct wiring for the car as im no sparky but i have been told the wiring that is listed for the car always spells trouble for the electrics somthing too do with the cars wiring, they suggested going to peugeot for advice and as i was told by my local dealer that peugeot dont want you too fit a non standered unit they do no such wiring adapter. So im here too find out if it is posible too fit this halfords wiring adapter and have no probs.
Thanx for any help you can provide in this matter.

·
Registered
239 Posts
the audio system is linked to the ECU by CAN bus so the digital side wont work on the dash,

halford one should work but no guarantee.

the dealers wont fit a none standard audio system they are not allowed to for warranty reasons.

G

·
The 53 plate will still have standard iso connectors

As mentioned by pugbod, you will lose current radio station/cd track being displayed on your centre console, you will also lose the use of the volume control near the steering wheel

Apart from that its simple plug and play, you may need to swap red/yellow power cables to enable radio memory, a few have had issues with cd player not switching off with ignition as well

You can also get an adapter to re-enable the use of the steering wheel controls, quite fiddly though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its just plug and play ill goo mad iv had the car for nearly a year and the head unit is from my last car. ill have a look now iv had some advice i would be intrested too know where i could get the adaptor for the stearing control arm though thanx for the help. hope i can help out some one in time.

G

·
Box adapter to keep stalk control working is an autoleads pc99-x44

It then requires an additional lead depending on what make your headunit is

Got my additional lead from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autoleads-Pat...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item3c9900549a

(that ones for a sony!)

And i got my PC99-X44 off someone else on ebay for £8 delivered! (anglian has them, but they are a bit dear!)

Like i mentioned tho, was a bit of a bugger to fit! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts