Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently bought a 2002 hdi 307, the engine warning light came on the other day, as it was in for a service i had the garage check it out, it turned out to be the diesel particular filter, dam. What to do next:

1. Replace the filter at massive expense.
2. Can i have the ecu reprogrammed without removing the filter.
3. Remove the filter and reprogram the ecu, still expensive.
4. Are there additives out there to sort the filter.

I have posted the same questions on the general questions, apologies if you are reading this for a second time, only just realized there is a dedicated 307 section.

Any help welcome.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Make sure it is the DPF !!!!!

Looked at a car for a forum member a few weeks ago , Kwik Krap charged him £55+vat to read the codes with a Bosche scanner and it came up DPF.

He had that changed at great expense and it turned out , when I looked at it with Planet , to be the Differential Pressure Sensor. He called me because the car was still faulty in limp mode and wouldn't clear.

Could have saved himself a ton of money. Go into Maintenance section and check who is the nearest to you with Planet to have it read with that (if you haven't had it done already with Planet)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As long as the outside of the exhaust looks intact yes. Just gut the internals. Use a good remapper though as some guys out there aren't too clever.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

The engine light was still on the day after i posted this but when i restarted the engine later that morning the light did not come on, another day later and it's still not on, what does this mean.

Also, is there an additive that can be added when i fuel up to help with the DPF and the general running of the car.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Did you give a damn good thrash down the motorway?

My 307 has loads of glitches - the last one was the rear heater coming on randomly.

French electrics are not entirely reliable.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The light will go out every four or five cycles after the fault is recorded , my 307 does. The ECU however stores the fault in its memory.

I sent you a PM with my details should you want it plugging in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts