Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a blue 2016 HDI GT 4 days ago and after searching for the right deal I have to say I dot regret the 15k price tag. They are so rare hence the 2l price hike from GT –line but I wanted the seats , looks and extra power the GT offers.

I have a few plans for the car , including the GTI red front trim and winglets and possible rear defuser ( depending on price)
Also I will be adding an android system either a add-on with touch or a new head unit ( £400 from Germany)

I have been looking into remaps an the best I have found is 215 – 450nm which seems to be the limit other than plug in remaps which sadly I cannot do due to insurance.

Been using the app to track millage and im getting 48-54 mpg so im hoping the app is out a fair account and my petrol was getting 42mpg
Got a few questions for 308 owners and mainly GT owners

1:> how do I reset the millage counter in the centre console
2:> can I change to manual while moving or do I need to stop and go from D –M ? This is my first AUTO so not something I can used before
3:> Realistic MPG on a 30mile a ROAD 60mpg commute
4:> remap recommendation ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
1. You can reset Trip 1 or Trip 2 by pressing button on the wiper stalk for more than 2 seconds while you are call this info on the screen.
So, first press stalk button to show trip you want and than the same button again for the 2+ seconds.
The other way is to reset it on touch screen. Tap Driving Assistance/Second page/Trip1(2) and reset for 2+ seconds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased a blue 2016 HDI GT 4 days ago and after searching for the right deal I have to say I dot regret the 15k price tag. They are so rare hence the 2l price hike from GT –line but I wanted the seats , looks and extra power the GT offers.

I have a few plans for the car , including the GTI red front trim and winglets and possible rear defuser ( depending on price)

Also I will be adding an android system either a add-on with touch or a new head unit ( £400 from Germany)

I have been looking into remaps an the best I have found is 215 – 450nm which seems to be the limit other than plug in remaps which sadly I cannot do due to insurance.

Been using the app to track millage and im getting 48-54 mpg so im hoping the app is out a fair account and my petrol was getting 42mpg

Got a few questions for 308 owners and mainly GT owners

1:> how do I reset the millage counter in the centre console

2:> can I change to manual while moving or do I need to stop and go from D –M ? This is my first AUTO so not something I can used before

3:> Realistic MPG on a 30mile a ROAD 60mpg commute

4:> remap recommendation ?

Hi I picked up my GT HDI on Monday and I to had trouble with the mileage counter on the centre console. Switch on the engine and press and hold the small button next to the rev counter. Keep it pressed for five seconds or so. It will flash first and then reset.

Not used the manual gear stick much but the paddles work well when just in normal drive mode.

Mpg on the car showed an avg of 43mpg over last 1000 miles but I have no idea how the previous owner drove it.

I'd also like to hear reviews of remapping the 180

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks that did clear the millage .

I've been getting around 50 mpg but i think the issue i have is a lot of the A road i use i'm doing about 46-50 mph so don't actually get into 6th gear and imagine its geared to be best at about 55-60 mph that and i jump in and out of sports mode :cool:

So far the best map ( power wise) i have been able to find is from TKtuning however ive got some interest in using my car as a donor car at a few places which id prefer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome to the "GT" club. Also a fellow blue GT owner.

Mine is sat at 40k miles from new (me as the only driver).
After an accident early on I have had you could say a few issues (see my other posts. My mileage should be around 55k Miles. I do sometimes 1k miles in a week.

I drive my GT hard most of the time in sport mode and I get 42 mpg constantly (using VPower). I have driven slowly for a few weeks to see what it can do (without Sport mode). It will do 50-55 mpg when driven at 60/70 mph. I have taken it to Germany a few times and have hit 225Kph (just over 140 mph).

Remap I have considered the add on box from TDI tuning - car is company car, insurance is via my company all risks.

I love the sport mode. I think the indicators are too small and difficult to see for other drivers. Could do with front fogs but air intake scoops are needed.

Auto box is like most other manufacturers. This was also my first auto I have owned. Have driven lots of other autos before. When in auto you can engage manual via paddles or engage via the stick.

Paddles is better as it will assist you also. If you dropped to 3rd from 4th and started to accelerate hard it will switch to auto and change up for you around the red line. If you use the stick it won't as you have chosen to be manual full time. I can't get the hang of using an up down stick in my head.

I use the paddles on the mway so lets say I am following and need to accelerate I prefer the drop down to 4th from 6th (if you floor accelerator it will do the same task - but slower as it thinks about it) using paddles then go for it as I can perform my overtake swiftly and move back in.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd be VERY interested to hear how you get on with Android Auto using Smeg+ Iv2 units retrofitted and programmed!! This is the only thing I wish mine had!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts