Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I have a peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110 bhp, it's a 52 reg with the rhs engine. I don't know much about flywheels but my car is squeaking quite a lot, when lifting the clutch in 1st from biting point it squeaks and when shifting gears, get some slight vibration in clutch when clutch controlling.

I have been told its the flywheel that's needs changing, I have contacted peugeot dealers who have confirmed it a dual mass flywheel that I need although some people on ebay claim I need a single mass flywheel.

Now I have been looking around on the Internet and I was just wondering if a 90bhp dual mass flywheel would be ok to fit on my car?

What is the difference between a 90bhp dual mass flywheel and a 110 bhp dual mass flywheel?

All help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Also would a 1.6hdi dual mass flywheel be suitable?
what you need is a solid mass conversion kit it cost me just over £200 for mine that was clutch flywheel and gear box oil, then I had to go to dealers to get a new slide mount for thrust bearing as it was knackered

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a guy selling me a brand new 90bhp dual mass flywheel quite cheap that's why I wanted to know If it would fit?

What is the difference between both 90 and 110 bhp flywheels?

·
Registered
56 Posts
90 Bhp flywheels are solid,110 Bhp flywheels are dual mass so just fit 90 Hp flywheel and the equivalent clutch kit!!!:nono:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little confused, what he is selling is a 1.6 hdi dual mass flywheel, I'm assuming 90bhp is a 1.6, so if the 90bhp flywheels only come as a solid mass he can't have a dual mass.

Would fitting a 90bhp flywheel effect a 307 110 bhp in anyway?

·
Registered
56 Posts
As I said,if its 90bhp 1.6 or 2.0 hdi then it is a solid flywheel,you need to get a flywheel for a 90bhp 2.0 hdi!!!2.0 hdi can be 90 or 110 Bhp

·
5,884 Posts
As above go for a 2.0 90 bhp flywheel and clutch kit and dump the dmf i changed over my 2.0 110 bhp 60K miles ago and no issues with the conversion.

I got a secondhand 90 bhp flywheel from ebay for about £35.00 and then got a new clutch kit and changed it myself, cost about a day of my time and £150 all in

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice I will look around to see what I can find.

Are there any issues I could potentially face if I fit a 90bhp flywheel?

·
Registered
56 Posts
No real issues,you might notice a slight harshness on hard acceleration coming through the chassis but you would have to be really paying attention to notice it:thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this going to sound cheeky but I'm just a little worried about purchasing the wrong, there is quite a few second hand flywheels on ebay, if someone can take a look and let me know which one they feel is worth the money and would be compatible, I appreciate the help given so far!!

I was told by one ebay member that I could only use a solid flywheel conversion as dual mass flywheels are not made anymore, he wanted me to pay £450 for a brand new one, I was close to purchasing this.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I have a peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110 bhp, it's a 52 reg with the rhs engine. I don't know much about flywheels but my car is squeaking quite a lot, when lifting the clutch in 1st from biting point it squeaks and when shifting gears, get some slight vibration in clutch when clutch controlling.

I have been told its the flywheel that's needs changing, I have contacted peugeot dealers who have confirmed it a dual mass flywheel that I need although some people on ebay claim I need a single mass flywheel.

Now I have been looking around on the Internet and I was just wondering if a 90bhp dual mass flywheel would be ok to fit on my car?

What is the difference between a 90bhp dual mass flywheel and a 110 bhp dual mass flywheel?

All help will be greatly appreciated
By the way squeak might only be a thrust bearing

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

The link you sent is for a RHY model, mine is a RHS model looking at the vin number, would this be an issue?

·
5,884 Posts
The above flywheel should be fine. I would recommend that you replace flywheel bolts mounting olts as well and you may need clutch bolts if not fitted to flywheel these are not much from peugeot

Clutch Bolts 6912.J3 x 6 61p each
Flywheel Bolts 0537.40 x 8 92p each

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok got it, thanks guys for all your help.

Just out of confusion what's all this solid flywheel conversion kit about? I just don't get why people spend hundreds of pounds when you can do the job a lot cheaper

1 - 20 of 54 Posts