Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, seems that is available 5.42.C.R2 released 05.07.2017. Does anybody know what is changed? Maybe any change-log?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Apparently, seems that is available 5.42.C.R2 released 05.07.2017. Does anybody know what is changed? Maybe any change-log?
Hi!

[Link"]https://mega.nz/#!aoUVDYpT!pROL5AnET...GLOgUM[/URL]

Installed, no visibly changes and problem with poor reception (STEREO/MONO) still not solved.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reportedly, some BT improvements. Further, radio reception is better.
"I,d just update to 5.42.C.R2, and i don,t notice any apparent difference, except the radio reception, it is good again" - www.gpspower.net

On the other hand, I found this, too:
"Be careful with firmwares updates, it's often necessary to go into concession to fix some problems calibrating the car's equipment after the update !
If we had the information, it would be easier."

·
Registered
169 Posts
Reportedly, some BT improvements. Further, radio reception is better.
"I,d just update to 5.42.C.R2, and i don,t notice any apparent difference, except the radio reception, it is good again" - www.gpspower.net

On the other hand, I found this, too:
"Be careful with firmwares updates, it's often necessary to go into concession to fix some problems calibrating the car's equipment after the update !
If we had the information, it would be easier."
I read that about calibration but don't know what that means :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read that about calibration but don't know what that means :)
Concession is, actualy, concessionaire, so - dealer, garage.
Some said that sometimes after update there is a need to some of parts have to, hmh, be forced to proper cooperation.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Concession is, actualy, concessionaire, so - dealer, garage.
Some said that sometimes after update there is a need to some of parts have to, hmh, be forced to proper cooperation.
No problem on my car, except FM MONO issue, maybe that I should calibrate :notsure::notsure::notsure:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, currently have firmware 5.41.B.R4, which has the annoying STEREO/MONO issue... :-(
Today the car is in for service, and I asked Peugeot to update to 5.42.C.R2. Later today I'll confirm if they made the update, and let you know if I can discover any changes...

·
Registered
53 Posts
BTW, I don't have DAB, just analog AM/FM. And regarding FM settings, it does not appear to have any option to switch AF on or off...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've just upgraded to 5.42.C.R2 - took about 20 minutes without a hitch. The only noticeable improvement so far is my DAB radio sound quality is much better. Intersting that it's the first time I've had a blue screen/white writing commentary whilst upgrading :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great! Regarding FM reception, any improvement? Sadly, Peugeot did not upgrade the FW yesterday, when the car was in for service. I still don't know why...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks. Sadly, we don't have DAB in Portugal. It was suspended some years ago.
From the comments I've seen so far, it seems that the new 5.42.C.R2 FW does not solve the FM stereo reception issue, so for me there's really no good reason to upgrade... unless there are another interesting improvements.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've also noticed that.......

1 the colours of the touchscreen are more subtle but everything seems sharper.
2 I have five colour themes to chose from instead of the two I had before.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I talked to my Peugeot dealer, and they said they would perform the upgrade to firmware 5.42.C.R2 in a couple of weeks. It seems that they did not have this update when the car was in for service.
Later I'll also let you know the 'improvements'...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts