Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a new Expert van?
I have a Traveller that's based on the Expert and I'm wondering what mileage you're getting from your front tyres?
I'v done just under10k miles in my Traveller and the front tyres (Michelin Primacy 3) are already worn to 3mm of tread left. Admittedly it's the 180hp version but I wouldn't have thought that would be the whole reason for excessive tyre ware.
Anyone?

Grumpy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Michelins are a waste of money. I paid 240 bucks for a pair on the front and within a fortnight had loads of punctures. They wore out in the same time that the budget ones I now use do. Budget ones I get are 40 quid each and last 20k miles or so and that's on a taxi driving around the city.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks E7 & Reliable.

Looks like these ones will be sh+gged at 12 k. I'll have to give Pug customer services a headache I think. Not really good enough!

Grumpy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are the tyres wearing evenly over the whole tread or are they feathering on the inside or outside of the tread. If on inside or outside wheel alignment could be out. fancy laser equipment is only as good as the numpty using it. Also make sure you're tyre pressures spot on and checked with a reliable accurate gauge. the ones at garages are usually a mile out and only check when tyres are cold. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi E7,
even wear across the tyre. Pressures checked all OK.
It'll go in for a service at 12.5k miles so I'll get them to recheck alignment and stuff.

Grumpy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Grumpy, I am not surprised to be honest, the Primacy are close to their load limit in the Traveller when fuly laden, even though it is the XL version. They are also quite a soft saloon car tyre that has only average customer feedback for mileage on the tyre websites although it has good dry grip. When I get my Citroen Spacetourer I will be looking at the Primacy very carefully in the first few weeks as I am very fussy on tyres. When I got my last brand new car I changed the tyres within a month as I wasnt happy with them. I will do the same again with the Citroen if I need to.

When you change the fronts make sure the replacements are the right load rating as the Traveller is a heavy car when 8 up with luggage. Some of the Citroen versions come with a heavier weighted van tyre from new, but they then likely trade some grip for load capacity and higher mileage.

Michelin are claiming much higher mileage with the new Primacy 4 which is about to be released soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts