Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ,I've been having problems with my 207 the past month now I've been told there's no compression in cylinder 2 and basically not worth fixing does anyone have any advice ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Needs further investigation - could just be a burnt out valve or bent (head off + replace) but going to the extreme could also be a hole in the piston. :eek:
Which engine etc - details really required

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You need to find out why there isn't any compression. If there is a slight hole in somewhere like the spark plug aperture, then air can escape. There should be tell tales.

If the block is cracked, then you need a new engine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you have no compression on one cylinder the engine will be significantly down on power as its only running on three cylinders,and it would sound dreadful.
The 1.4 VTi "BMW" engine has had lots of problems,including high oil consumption.The problem may be piston and rings that will mean a full engine strip down and rebuild. I would suggest you find a very trustworthy engine expert for advice.
Fitting a new engine will "correct the fault" for sure but will cost more than the car is worth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's basically what the mechanic I spoke to said old pug ,Igot codes 1336 +1337 on my cheap code reader if I remember right will need to phone the auto spark as I forgot to ask him for them but I remember it was showing a cooling system circuit fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts