Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, recently i have replaced my EGR because of few fault codes. But with the new EGR i got
P0490 - EGR stuck, during programming

Car drives very bad, when i unplug the connector its fine.

Do the egr have to be programmed or is there any learning procedure neccessary?
My Car is:
Peugeot 307
80kw
1.6hdi
dv6ted4

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've found that a replacement rarely fixes the problem on the 1.6 HDI. I've been told that it's due to the after market replacement part that just doesn't work.

Blank it off with a blanking plate and leave the plug connected as you'll get lots of random faults with it disconnected.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Aftermarket ones rarely work properly as stated above if your old valve is electrically ok i would do as suggested and blank it.

As for the gas test it will probably be cleaner without it :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You might get a code saying that air flow not as expected [not sure of the exact wording] as the blocking of the egr forces more air through the normal air intake, but the ecu seems to learn and soon the fault no longer displays. I got this when blanking the egr in one of my 407's but now no longer appears after clearing it a few times. It didnt appear in my other 407 and none of my 406's had this fault.
I make it standard practice to blank off the egr... your intake system will thank you for it.. no mor severely blocked and oiled up intake runners. All my cars run better with it blocked, more mpg and better power, but i did remove the intake manifold off all of them and cleaned out all the gunge. One of my 407's had the intake runners blocked by an estimated 40?%. It was a different car when i took it for a drive after doing the job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right but it not worth to spend 500usd for buy psa egr and let it fix in garage, its more than the car is worth.

If i drive 6 litre car it blows more nox in air than my car with working egr, where's the matter.

But i get your point.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Not wanting to be a kill joy but all that muck is now going out the exhaust and into the atmosphere which the system was designed to stop!!
Not exactly as the muck as you call it only builds up on the intakes because it is recycled exhaust gases which has already been burnt so if it fills the intake with MUCK then the engine is no longer running at peak efficiency as the intake airflow is reduced and the result of that is more smoke as the engine is not getting the air it needs.

I would bet an engine run for 100k miles with an egr would make more smoke and harmful muck than 1 run with the egr blanked.

EGR valves are like compact discs we were told they were indestructable and would last 1000 years that was lies.

EGR valves CAN help reduce emissions but can also make things worse !!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No sorry but its nothing to do with oil changes that clogs up the oil galleries on the 1.6 and is a separate issue entirely and IS due to lack of servicing.

The AIR intakes get filled with carbon from the recycled exhaust gasses via the EGR valve and this reduces the volume of air that can get into the engine thus altering the fuel/air mixture to the point where there is no longer enough air to fully mix with the fuel and reduces the efficiency of the engine.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
if it says egr jammed blanking wont help. it will still go into limp mode

you need a fully working egr then blank it

or get the egr mapped out and then block it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not talking about remove egr, but aboit the menu "part replacement" and initialize the egr parameters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I decidet to install an egr blanking plate then i put the egr connector back on.
Erased the fault codes and drived some km, but i get
P0299 Turbocharger related
Car have no boost.

Any idea?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Problem solved, one vacuum pipe was disconected from solenoid.
Just get p0401 hope it disappeare after few erasings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts