Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Bought a new 208e, (which I'm loving), but had a call from the garage about a 3mth service. A few questions, ...

- Is a service needed after 3 months? I recall being told that there is some need for it as its an electric car, (but no idea why).

- If it is a thing, do you normally have to pay for it? It seems odd that you've forked out for a new car and then the garage wants to bring it back after 3 months to check it and you have to pay. I'm also fairly certain that when I was sold the car they did mention that they would bring it back to give it a check but they didn't call it a car service and it was more a customer service to make sure you were happy and everything was running fine ... which is a nice thing if you've paid a lot of cash for the car.

Just looking for some guidance, before I unreasonably explode. Any thoughts/guidance gratefully received.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Yes electric cars do need to have a quick once over after approx. 8000miles which could be roughly 3 months. Unless you took out a service agreement with them then I guess you would have to pay, but you would need to discuss that with them.

Servicing I believe is around 8000miles, then again at 16000miles then jumps to 32000miles. or every year after the first service, which ever comes first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, interesting ...

We are nowhere near 8,000 miles, but are at the 3 month mark so it's probably whatever you hit first?

They want to charge me £169 for a service which seems high?

The service agreement is another story ... thought I had one but apparently I don't. Going to follow that one up tomorrow.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Thanks, interesting ...

We are nowhere near 8,000 miles, but are at the 3 month mark so it's probably whatever you hit first?

They want to charge me £169 for a service which seems high?

The service agreement is another story ... thought I had one but apparently I don't. Going to follow that one up tomorrow.
Yeah it would be 8000 or 3 months which every comes first, same with 16,000 or 1 year, then 32000 or two years which every comes first.

Apologies but not sure where you live, but it should only be a basic service, which a basic service would be around £120. But even then this would be high as no filters would need changing or anything, just a visual check over really.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is nothing I have heard about. My Peugeot app says my first service is after 2 years or 20 000 kilometers. Whatever comes first.
This is Sweden though so maybe we have other rules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure where the 8000 miles or 3 months comes from. 8000 miles is a typical years usage, 32,000 is certainly not a typical years mileage. MyPeugeot app is telling me it’s 8000 miles, no mention of a time limit / whichever comes first option although dealer mentioned 8000/ 1 year. App tells me first ‘service’ is £70

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer calling the car back for a service after 3 months and asking me to pay for it just does not sound right. If it's an after sales 'check up' that's free then I understand; that used to be normal at one point in the past.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
271 Posts
Ssendam, I assume you don't have a service package with your car meaning any service you have to pay for.

The requirement for the electric vehicles is to check very early on and of course if you have a service agreement it should be free. If you don't then you have to pay or you risk warranty and not having a full service history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ssendam, I assume you don't have a service package with your car meaning any service you have to pay for.

The requirement for the electric vehicles is to check very early on and of course if you have a service agreement it should be free. If you don't then you have to pay or you risk warranty and not having a full service history.
If you buy a brand new car, it should not need a service after 3 months. The implication here is not a good one. If you buy a brand new car and as part of the after sales service the garage bring it back for a check, free, I understand.

The Peugeot Guide looks like a normal 1 year/12,500Km service program so I can't see how I'm risking my warranty / service history.

Anyways, I'm seeing the garage tomorrow to work out where I'm at with the whole thing, so will see what they say.

I'm gratefull for all the comments. It's given me a lot to think about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts