Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have had the dreaded 'risk of filter blocking' message pop up.

On the diagnostics everything is fine with no error codes. Can only assume it's a generic message spewed out as my car is now approaching 145k.

Has anyone told the ECU (via PP) that a new DPF is fitted? I believe once you do this the error message goes away?

Any help / guides would be much appreciated.

Also, where's best to buy one of these tools? eBay?

Thanks in advance,

Ian B

·
12,141 Posts
No error codes doesn't mean everything is fine. That's when the live data feature is useful. What's the soot load on the DPF?

145k on the original DPF isn't feasable, so I'm guessing its been replaced but nobody reset the counters with Planet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No error codes doesn't mean everything is fine. That's when the live data feature is useful. What's the soot load on the DPF?

145k on the original DPF isn't feasable, so I'm guessing its been replaced but nobody reset the counters with Planet?
I have the iCarSoft tool which gives me all of the live data I require so am happy nothing is wrong.

Additionally, I have owned the car since 75k miles and all of the history before I owned it doesn't mention the DPF being changed - so either it had one very early or I'm just lucky.

Anyway, the question I asked is how to tell PP it has a new DPF - can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Ian B

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
145k miles on original DPF is perfectly feasible with the correct type of driving i had a 307 with 160k miles on original DPF still working fine regen every 300 miles or so.

You need to go into replacement parts i believe to tell it it has a new DPF but the exact route depends on car and planet/diagbox version there is no instruction manual :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
145k miles on original DPF is perfectly feasible with the correct type of driving i had a 307 with 160k miles on original DPF still working fine regen every 300 miles or so.

You need to go into replacement parts i believe to tell it it has a new DPF but the exact route depends on car and planet/diagbox version there is no instruction manual :)
thanks chap - i'll look it up...

most of my stuff is motorway miles so that may have something to do with why it has lasted this long?

ian b

1 - 5 of 5 Posts