Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a new dpf fitted as the other was ******. Thing is it's losing power and the black smoke will not clear. We have filled the fluid and it's still blowing out black smoke. I need my car working right by the end of the month to take my little boy on holiday! Has anyone in Cornwall have peugeot planet or even able to help me please!? Desperate mum ☹

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Was the car told it got fluid?

Black smoke and a lack of power could be a jammed open egr valve. Maybe why your dpf died in the first place. Could be other things but that's where I'd start.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for getting back tp me..It's not been told no. Could that be the reason? Is the egr easy to get too on a 407? It's at 2006 model.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Fitting a new DPF will never fix anything as the DPF is only ever going to get blocked BECAUSE of something else its a symptom NOT the cause of the smoke

Black smoke is NOTHING to do with DPF it is caused by 2 things
1 too much fuel IE injector fault or something telling the ECU lies leading to too much fuel
2 and the most likely thing not ENOUGH air possibly turbo related but NOT a broken turbo control issue or a burst/leaking boostpipe or a sticky EGR as above this will usually cause a rough rattly noise under load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts