Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to place an order in the next few days for a new 3008 Manual, with diesel engine.

The Peugeot Website lists a 1.5 BlueHDi 130, where as all the literature, reviews and dealers talk about a 1.6 BlueHDi 120. After a lot of emailing, calling round, and generally hassling, I got the following from Peugeot:

"In order to meet the April taxation Peugeot have remade the 1.6L engine and it is now a 1.5L

However, there are still some in circulation because of dealer stock.”

New engine has 10 more horses, but is slightly worse on emissions & mpg. I dont know much about the engine other than this, and they're obviously not available to test drive.

If anyone knows any more, or has any feedback on the engines, I'd be happy to hear it

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure if you've seen the thread here: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/dv6-major-engine-recall-302265/

This was about the major recall which has seemingly killed the 1.6 Diesel.

The 1.5 Diesel seems to have been born to replace it and I've not heard of anyone on here yet having any experience of it but at the end of the day it's a diesel and they are generally reliable and full of torque... maybe someone else will know more.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm sure others on here will know more as they're currently battling with this themselves, but as far as I've heard Peugeot aren't allowing delivery of any of the DV6 (1.6 Diesel) engine cars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.