Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.......

Ive just brought a Peugeot 308 VTi 1.6 16v Petrol, I thought I knew Peugeot's from 306's and 206's, but this thing is completely different.

When I brought it, I noticed that when the ignition is switched off and key removed, the headlights were flashing, upon messing about with the indicator stalk, this turned out to be the problem, anyway, to cut a long story short after forcing the seller to reduce the price etc, I thought I could just buy a new indicator stalk.............WRONG !!!!!!!!

Turns out its all on one unit, so ive just paid £130 for a new comms unit which shoiuld be here in a few days from ebay, checked its the right part with the seller, this item is listed as brand new, I didnt want to chance a 2nd hand part incase it had the same fault, however one thing ive noticed is it doesnt come with the cruise control or stereo controls, am I right in thinking I just remove my current ones and plug them into the new one ?

Also, ive heard horror stories about keys not working or central locking no longer working, is this true ? is it something I can reprogram myself using the guide in the handbook ?

this is the part ive brought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-308-Steering-Column-Stalk-Switch-Indicator-Wiper-Lights-96660152XT/253137919571?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
5,973 Posts
Follow the battery disconnect to the letter (See BSI reboot process). Remove Airbag & Steering Wheel.

Then swap over units (swapping radio and Cruise stalks to the new unit) then refit steering wheel and airbag and reconnect battery etc (following second part of BSI reset process) and you should only need to recode remotes if needed

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow the battery disconnect to the letter (See BSI reboot process). Remove Airbag & Steering Wheel.

Then swap over units (swapping radio and Cruise stalks to the new unit) then refit steering wheel and airbag and reconnect battery etc (following second part of BSI reset process) and you should only need to recode remotes if needed

Excellent thank you, I will take it to my mech's to get it done, however, he's a funny guy who for a very small fee makes me do everything myself, and just let me use his tools and ramps etc, calls himself "The college of knowledge" lol, he does double check everything I do though and guides me where needed.

Is this correct: BSI Reboot Process for Peugeot - United Kingdom | BBA Reman

·
5,973 Posts
Yes thats the process steps 1-4 then do the work then 5 onwards when completed

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes thats the process steps 1-4 then do the work then 5 onwards when completed
well all fitted and now working well, I did lay a very big brown smelly egg though after it was all set up and started the car, got an ABS and EPS warning that wouldnt go away, after a bit of googling, me and my mech soon discovered you have to reset a steering angle sensor or something like that, just had to follow the instructions on his computer thing and then reset the BSI at the end, all working fine now.

·
Registered
14,887 Posts
Thats a GOOD garage you have there nothing wrong with doing things yourself if someone is there to guide you you can learn a lot you now know what ESP is :)

Just remember a good garage is hard to find 1 with correct knowledge is even harder hope you treat him well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a GOOD garage you have there nothing wrong with doing things yourself if someone is there to guide you you can learn a lot you now know what ESP is :)

Just remember a good garage is hard to find 1 with correct knowledge is even harder hope you treat him well.
TBH he is brilliant, ive used him for years, we always have an excellent laugh, and we both learned something new today, we were both killing ourselves laughing spending the best part of an hour trying to get the airbag off, feeling for those damn springs with flat head screwdrivers through tiny pin holes on the back of the steering wheel was a pain, hope I never have to change any of those parts again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts