Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, had to replace the comm200 unit with a new one, air bag light, indicator stalk had a mind of its own, main beam stuck on every now and then.

so new unit, actual new unit not a recon.

fitted this morning, exact match, all fitted perfectly.

main beam is still stuck on,
and it wont lock. horn beeps once like there is a door open etc.

any offers?
stuck with out it now. splashed out on a new one to save faffing and taking the old one apart to try and fix it after my holiday but no such luck now!

peugeot 307 hdi 90
RHY chassis
siemens injection
DAV comms unit

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attempted a bsi reset before on it, but i couldnt get it to do it.
also dont i need to lock it to reset the bsi?

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it now locks, no warning lights all fine there.

but still main beam is on. Ive had to take the fuses out so it doesnt drain the battery. Not ideal but will get me by for a short time

BSI reset ive done a few times and no changes.

Sounds to me like a stuck relay, which IIRC are soldered to the bsi board under/in the glove box for some stupid reason?

no click when i go to flash the lights, but theyre already on so i suppose it wouldnt click!

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey again,

Am i correct in thinking that the relays are soldered in? is it easy to get the board out and replace it (either the board or the relay!)

Ben

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Relays on the BSI are pretty small so unlikely to be able to handle the current load for main beams. Would expect them to be in the under bonnet fusebox as reliable has already mentioned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is also what i would have thought, but they aren't in the fuse box behind the battery where the ECU is, am i missing something somewhere? :confused: (sounds like i am!)

ill go have another dig round now!

Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just disconnected the two relays infront of the fuse box behind the headlight connection to see what stopped working, and think it was abs and something else that wasnt the headlights!
though i have spotted a box sandwiched between the ecu/fuse box and the wing that i may investigate ive i can get to it without pulling the wing off!

cheers so far guys and gals
Ben

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well who ever thought of that wants a kick in the knackers!

The board i have has a sticker on it saying BSM3, so by some logical reasoning i believe i have the type 3 board!

would anyone know which relay is the headlight one? Im assuming its not labelled!

thanks
Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts