Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch on my 407 1.6 hdi went this morning :( I've been told by aa it's a big job anyone give me idea of what price I'm expecting its a 05

·
Registered
177 Posts
i paid just under £500 for mine.

it seems you when you fit a new clutch its a very good idea to fit a dual mass flywheel too.

it took two days for mine to be done.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Did my 307 last summer. Mine is the solid flywheel so obviously no DMF issues. Was quoted £500 by Halfords and all the others I rang for quotes either didn't do clutches, didn't want the job or couldn't do it in the timeframe I needed it for. Decided to do it myself in the street outside my house. Took me about a day & a half and cost around £200 for all the parts plus the extra tools required that I didn't already have. About £150 for the clutch kit, drive shaft oil seals and gear oil. Also replaced an engine mounting while I had everything in bits. Had an aching back for a week after doing the job but the extra £300 in my wallet helped to ease the pain :)

I'd never done a clutch on a transverse engine before so it was all new to me but the instructions in the Haynes manual were straightforward to follow and I was satisfied the job had been done correctly and to my standards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts