Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, just gonna say hi as im new here! :thumb:

I bought a 307 a few weeks ago, and i've noticed that the clutch has started to slip, however in the service history I received with the car was a receipt for a new clutch fitted in February 2013, so with only about 1500 more miles on the clock, the clutch should definitely not be worn out! I want to have a look to see if there's any thing I can do before I ring the garage up and ask what's going on as i live about 25 miles from the garage the clutch was fitted at. I understand its a hydraulic clutch so it cannot be adjusted, is there anyway I can check the master cylinder? or could it be the oil that is causing it? The car runs fine apart from the slipping clutch and there isn't any judder or anything like that.

Thanks in advance guys,
Jordan

Edit: also its a 2.0 hdi 90

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Check the lever is moving properly when the clutch is pressed you will need someone to press it while you look.

Only thing I can think of is the release bearing is sticking on the shaft it runs on because they never replaced the shaft and it was worn from the old bearing meaning the clutch does not fully engage.

An oil leak inside the bellhousing could make it slip too.

There is also the possibility the clutch was not done :)

·
5,891 Posts
Contact the garage the car is faulty and not fit for purpose so get them to fix/replace it.

There is no adjustment on the clutch, so it's faulty, not fitted correctly, booked on the paperwork and not done (there is a well known clutch company who appear to do this based on Consumer Action Forum) or the service history is suspect/forged.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Does not sound like he is the one that had the clutch fitted though he bought it with a receipt for a clutch :)

I do agree with you though it should go back but if the job was not done for him then they will say the warranty is not transferable !!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Does not sound like he is the one that had the clutch fitted though he bought it with a receipt for a clutch :)

I do agree with you though it should go back but if the job was not done for him then they will say the warranty is not transferable !!
and how may I ask do they know that he is not the one that took the car in in the first place i don't think they will remember every persons face they do work for lol

D

·
0 Posts
There could be oil leaking onto it also. Anywhichways you've to take it back to the garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilliant, tried to get hold of the garage where the work was done, it is no longer there :nono:
So I'm guessing I'm going to have to take it to my local garage and get them to look at/ possibly replace the clutch or possible the thrust bearing. Suppose on the bright side if the car does need a new clutch I can put a decent one in there and get it remapped!
Just out of interest, how much would you say i'm looking at for a new clutch? £400 roughly?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
my local pug shop quoted me 200 notes fitted for a genuine clutch

i would say between 200-300 depending on place

the 2.0 90bhp has a solid flywheel so the clutch is not very expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh really? Thats pretty good to know, im pretty friendly with one of the mechanics at my local garage, ill probably head up there sometime this week and see what they think.
Thanks again for the help all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts