Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a complete clutch kit fitted on a diesel estate 1.9 meridian 306 today.

The garage that fitted it offer a 'guarantee' as long a you take it to them at 500 miles, 3000, 6000, 12000 for a free check and adjustment.

What would they actually check at these times? I thought 306's had self adjusting clutches?

Or is it just a way of getting you into the garage to tell you other things are wrong with your car?

Thanks

TM

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i would say they would look at the wear, to see if you are abusing it...they will look at the alignment, the oil levels for the clutch cylinders and gears oil... that sort of thing...to see like i say, if your abusing it so they are not losing money on it.

but i think all garages do that one, take your car in and say something else is going or gone and needs fixing, personnal experiance of this one - my car went for a MOT by an ex-vosa inspectorate (issues mot status to garages) he said it was a good pass he did my brake pads, disks and bearings, did all the relevant fluids like brake fluid etc...anywayz a few weeks later i had to take it for a service by peugeot dealer to keep the warrenty happy...well they said i needed urgently cv boots (inner and outer), o/s track rod end and both front arm bushes...well i told them to jog on, got the service stamped up took it back to the guy that did my mot and he said if he was still working for vosa he would go back and revoke their licences for issueing mots. made my day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.