Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 407, 56 plate, 2.0 diesel, will next week hit 130k. The clutch has been slipping for the past 40k miles (I do 28k per year) so about time I got a quote :D

Local garage - who always do my repairs/services/mot's etc - quoted for new clutch, dual mass flywheel, 6.5hrs labour = £840 including parts, labour, VAT.

Mr Clutch - quoted for the same at £930.

:eek:

This isn't going to be cheap I know. The car has been reliable for the past 3 years, sailed past it's last MOT. I may have the air vent/heating issue to deal with soon (as I can hear the flaps making a funny noise sometimes), so another expense coming. Deciding if to keep it, or move it on.

Hmmm..... :confused:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's a fair price, it is a long winded job and your local garage has to make a profit to stay in business.
A mechanic I used to work with could do the job in about 4 hours, but he looked after a lot of 406 taxis so was well practiced.
I suspect a few of the cars had covers missing and non working A/C which simplified the job.....

Roger.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
When my son in law needed a clutch on his 51 406 we put a solid flywheel on.
The clutch is still fine 5 years on with several caravan towing trips under its belt.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
£750 for mine (although it's a 2.2) using LUK parts but the poor buggers under-quoted as it was more complicated than they thought -- had to drop the subframe and strip down the suspension.

I'm confused about the different experience we're seeing here with times and difficulty. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello there.

i've had this done recently on a 07 2.0 hdi 136 at a place called railway motors next to west houghton train station near jnct5 of the M61.

£500 + vat.

recommended....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts