Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 307 last weekend and started to have problems the very next day. Firstly the passenger airbag light came on as I was driving, but only briefly. Later that day all the dash instruments failed; revs, temp, fuel and speed. At the same time I had multiple warning lights; STOP, abs, airbag, passenger airbag, esp. I was able to carry on driving and after a few minutes all went back to normal. Drove a few times since then without problems until yesterday when I noticed the dash illumination was dimming and then brightening repeatedly. Soon after that I had the warning lights and failed instruments. Now today I can't start the car. It turns over and fires up, but just stalls straightaway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a video on YouTube where the warning lights and instruments failed. In the comments someone had said the us it in a Citroen and changing the alternator fixed it. But do you think that is a separate issue to what's happening today, where I can't even get the car to run now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does fire up and if I hold the key turned fully I can rev the engine, but then stalls as soon as I release the key to normal position. There is not throttle response once I let the key turn back to the ON position. The revs drop away and then the engine cuts out. This still sounds like alternator? I don't really have much mechanical knowledge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where would I find the battery earth? I looked around the engine the other day and did find one big earth wire. This was bolted down toward the right hand side as I looked from the from of the car. I don't know what to check for. I could only see where it attached at one point, but not where it came from.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if it's relevant in my case, but I've seen it mentioned on a few other threads now so I just went and checked wth my car. When my keys is in the ignition, my car doesn't beep when I open the door. What does that mean?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not sure if it's relevant in my case, but I've seen it mentioned on a few other threads now so I just went and checked wth my car. When my keys is in the ignition, my car doesn't beep when I open the door. What does that mean?
Means the key is not being recognised which is why the car is cutting out. Could just be a dodgy earth or battery not allowing the systems to function properly. Have your battery tested, clean the earths and then see if your car if recognised.

Have you changed the case of the key by any chance? quite often the central locking fob is transferred by not the transponder for the immobiliser.

Failing that you will need a member with pp2000 to re-code your key to the car

·
Registered
292 Posts
Check the battery i would say....where did u buy the car from ? Did u get checks done before finalising it ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer it should still be under warranty.
Take it back to where you bought it.
If you paid any part of it by credit card get onto the company.
If you took out a loan get onto the loan company.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My warranty is quite basic and I paid by cash. I contacted him today regarding Consumer Rights Act 2015, saying I want a full refund. He's coming tomorrow to look at the car and I'll see where we can go from there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My warranty is quite basic and I paid by cash. I contacted him today regarding Consumer Rights Act 2015, saying I want a full refund. He's coming tomorrow to look at the car and I'll see where we can go from there.
Did u get receipt for cash payment...hopefully u will get it sorted...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts