Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After three and a half years with my current Spacetourer, it will shortly be returned to the leasing company. I have been so happy with it that I knew that one of the variants of this chassis would be my next MPV without looking at similar platforms from Merc, Ford, Hyundai and VW. My existing car has been very reliable and is an amazingly comfortable long distance cruiser that does about 46mpg. Only this week I travelled 440 miles in one day and didn't feel particularly fatigued afterwards.

I have mentioned elsewhere that one has to look very carefully at the specs of the four brands as the cars are not all specified the same and that I believe the Peugeot & Citroen versions are the ones that offer the best value and are the only ones where all of the nice-to-have options are available. The Toyota appears to lack some key safety options and the Vauxhall is very much built to a budget and misses out on some options or standard features on the Citroen & Peugeot.

After speaking to various leasing companies and getting quotes, I have again ordered another Spacetourer 'Feel' 8 seater with the 1.5 diesel engine cloth seats and a few options. I really wanted to go for the Peugeot Traveller, as I prefer the darker interior detailing, but it kept coming in 拢20 a month dearer than the Citroen which would be about a grand more over the four year lease period.

Experience with my current car told me that I chose the right options first time around (rear camera, F&R parking sensors, blind spot monitor, radar cruise, extra dark glass and a tow bar) so have gone for the same options again plus curtain airbags which means a factory order. The only difference is the colour, as they no longer sell a silver Spacetourer.

They are predicting a delivery date of September, but we will see, as my current car was on order eleven and a half months before it was delivered. The virus and computer chip shortage are causing supply problems for all manufacturers so I reckon I might just see it before Xmas.

What's the betting that as the car has been out five years that there will be a minor facelift and various spec changes during the summer factory shutdown ?

So it looks like you will have to put up with my prattling on here for another 4 years as there is no decent UK Spacetourer forum..... 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got an approximate delivery date for my car which will apparently be the third or fourth week of September (y)馃殣

That suggests four and a half to five months delivery should anyone be thinking of getting a car with lots of options which would mean a factory order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update. They have told me to expect a delay and early November seems to be the soonest that it will arrive now. It will arrive just in time for me to fit the winter tyres within the first few days of it appearing on my driveway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently my new car is now in the country and they are saying that it should be available first week of November. Great news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts