Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you good people are aware I've had problems with my car getting damaged between when it was delivered and before I picked it up. When I first saw it on the day after it had been delivered it had done 4.7 miles but by now it will have done around 50 miles and I've not driven it yet, if fact I've not even turned on the ignition.

Now I've almost come to terms with the fact that it's had to have body repairs done but I can't help feeling that, because it will have been driven to the body shop and back, a journey of 40 odd miles, the newness has been taken away from it. I can hear you saying "silly cow" but that's how I'm feeling at the moment although hopefully as soon as I get to pick it up, all my feelings of doubt will disappear.

So, what I'm asking is, how many miles had your car done when you picked it up? I know some of you have driven halfway across the country and back to collect your cars but I'm meaning those that have had their cars from their local dealership.

Thank you

·
Registered
109 Posts
Having worked alongside the motor trade for most of my life I can confirm because of strong competition, things have changed with new car franchised dealers and there is now a genuine desire to please. With this in mind and because you are rightly peeved at what has happened, you have every right to cancel your order. However the dealer is unsure how you are going to respond when you finally see your repaired car and if you do cancel and give a poor review, Peugeot are likely to penalise the dealership which they will want to avoid at all costs. The dealer will want to keep you onside and to do so may offer compensation and therefore your approach might be what could they offer to make the purchase of your car sweeter. How about if it's not already included, free servicing, free camera alert, mats, mud flaps full tank of petrol etc. Materialistic I know but it needs to be considered!

Good luck
Bob

·
Registered
327 Posts
My last two cars, both Peugeot, had 12 and 5 on the clock respectively. I understand where you are coming from Gill - at the end of the day you will not be getting a new car. I followed your other thread on this, and I don't want to put doubt in your mind, but in your shoes I would have cancelled. When I buy a new car I want, and expect, a new car. It may be that you will get substantial discount, flowers etc, etc but in the end it won't be a new car.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Mine had just under 5 miles on the clock and £25 worth fuel, which I paid for...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine had just under 5 miles on the clock and £25 worth fuel, which I paid for...
I've already said how many mine had done Yorky but my tank had been filled ready for pick up - and that was at my expense (£54). All the driving around that they've been doing has been using my fuel so I will be expecting them to top it up.

Mmm, think I might asked them for the £54 back too!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having worked alongside the motor trade for most of my life I can confirm because of strong competition, things have changed with new car franchised dealers and there is now a genuine desire to please. With this in mind and because you are rightly peeved at what has happened, you have every right to cancel your order. However the dealer is unsure how you are going to respond when you finally see your repaired car and if you do cancel and give a poor review, Peugeot are likely to penalise the dealership which they will want to avoid at all costs. The dealer will want to keep you onside and to do so may offer compensation and therefore your approach might be what could they offer to make the purchase of your car sweeter. How about if it's not already included, free servicing, free camera alert, mats, mud flaps full tank of petrol etc. Materialistic I know but it needs to be considered!

Good luck
Bob
Thanks Bob, a very interesting reply. I've already had my mats for free so think I will be asking for free mud flaps and a refund of my £54 fuel, plus whatever else I can get out of them. I'm going to see what they offer me first but I shall be very disappointed if I have to pester them for the extras.

I've also decided to take a small set of steps with me so that I can properly check the repair on the roof. I fortunately know exactly where the damage was and woe betide them if it's not up to standard.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You could also get them to pay the VAT.
A dealer I went to did this very act for me. They placed a brand new vehicle down as belonging to them listing it as a demo and sold it to me minus the VAT. There was something to do with I could not officially be the owner for the first 3 months but I can not remember those facts in detail.
The only issue was I was not the first owner on the log book which did not bother me in the slightest seeing as I saved a huge amount of cash.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Thanks Bob, a very interesting reply. I've already had my mats for free so think I will be asking for free mud flaps and a refund of my £54 fuel, plus whatever else I can get out of them. I'm going to see what they offer me first but I shall be very disappointed if I have to pester them for the extras.

I've also decided to take a small set of steps with me so that I can properly check the repair on the roof. I fortunately know exactly where the damage was and woe betide them if it's not up to standard.
Gill,
I've tried to personal message you but unfortunately I am not allowed as I do not enough posts. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Mine had 1.8 miles on the clock and a quarter tank of petrol. Being the first and only GT at the dealership I was expecting a couple of the salesmen to have had a test drive so I was impressed with the low mileage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.