Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a car today (Marshall motor group), a 207 110 hdi. Just been online to sort my insurance for fridays transfer and it comes up on swift covers page as a bmw
Feeling slightly nervous i have just done the free reg check on mycarcheck and on the DVLA website and both list it as a 3ltr BMW.
Any ideas what is going on here because at this moment in time i am not happy or filled with confidence.

G

·
Don't mess about with this free car check rubbish. You should check any car you buy (even for a tenner) with someone like HPI, and supply the VIN too. Saves a lot of grief when the dibble kick your door in at 4am for driving a ringer.

Inevest an an AA/RAC inspection. They'll do the HPI stuff, but will always inspect it for signs of tampering/ringing etc. You wold't buy a house wthout a survey - don't spend thousands on a car without professional advice.

Don't panic if it is checked out and comes back straight. The access to the DVLA database that insurers etc have is several layers removed from the actual database itself and throws up many errors. My old Astra SRi came back as a SAAB, which meant a phone call to the insurers to speak to a human each time. It happens, but get it checked - too many don't then end up one here cos they've bought a pup.

Good luck. Let us know how it pans out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All sorted-when they made up the company number plates they got the letters back to front! phew:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
My 307 always comes up as a SW instead of a hatch! Not a huge issue but annoying none the less!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts