Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I bought a 2005 307 1.4HDI S with 62k miles earlier this week.
It's a great car, love it so far, but has a few niggles that I'd like to sort out.

When I open the drivers door, the internal lights don't come on. Not a biggy but as the days get darker it would be useful to sort out. As a possible indication to the problem, it looks like the door lock on the drivers side has been tampered with at some point. Could this cause it?

The engine has a very lumpy idle. The whole car shakes and it sounds almost like it is misfiring at low revs until it warms up. Once warm it still has the same lumpy idle, but less pronounced. Would new glowplugs sort this? Any other possible causes?

The car was apparently serviced in September, although I have no details of what was carried out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

james.

G

·
Is it just the drivers door or do no doors bring the lights on?

If its all doors press the middle button on the interior light for about 5 seconds and try again :thumb:

Glowplugs wont make any difference as they dont do anything while the car is running, they are just there to preheat the engine before starting, and HDI's dont need much preheating anyway!

If you arent sure what was done on the service i'd probably reccomend fuel filter and air filter as well, just so you know for sure the last time they were done :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
As Stubbo says , also the good thing is theres not that much that can go wrong with the 1.4hdi as it hasn`t all the extras that the larger hdi`s have , if not the filters i would be looking at the egr or cat .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lights don't come on with either door so I'll have a go at what you suggested with the button.

Think I'll do a 'self service' of the usual suspects and see if things improve then look at further investigation if neccessary. I'll add in the suggested filters if I can find them!

Can anyone point me at the location of the oil filter and fuel filter please to save a lot of knuckle skinning.

Thanks for the help so far, much appreciated as I'm completely new to these cars.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stubbo said:
Is it just the drivers door or do no doors bring the lights on?

If its all doors press the middle button on the interior light for about 5 seconds and try again :thumb:
That's sorted it, thanks muchly :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
bettyswollocks said:
Housing and filter below left of battery
Fuel filter back and top left of battery, see my post on removal without moving battery.<snip

By the way this is my 1.4hdi remapped.
<snip>
Superb, thank you for the detail, very helpful :)

Can't believe how much power you've got out of the 1.4, mine is a bit like driving a wet fish! Is the economy affected much?

I suspect mine isn't running to full power at the moment for some reason, but I'll look into it when I get a chance. Don't feel any turbo kick or any kind of power at all really.

thanks again :)

james.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Honestly i haven`t noticed any change in the fuel consumption , they say it helps but then you`ve more power so you use it, not got any worse so what the hell, still £35 tax a year going down to £30 next April.:D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Who would remap it, did you inform your insurance company and does it damage the engine.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
daffyduck said:
Who would remap it, did you inform your insurance company and does it damage the engine.
1, google your area , or word of mouth ,ask one of the boyracers in your area.

2,yes i did ,put my insurance up by £100 roughly

2b,you can take the chance and not inform them,hard to tell its done.

3,not yet and i`ve covered 70,000 miles since getting it done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who did the work mate?
Can you get tuning box type solutions for these engines?
Personally I'd like something that was removeable, not to avoid insurance, just so I could have it back to normal if I wasn't happy with it for some reason.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
jet said:
Who did the work mate?
Can you get tuning box type solutions for these engines?
Personally I'd like something that was removeable, not to avoid insurance, just so I could have it back to normal if I wasn't happy with it for some reason.
Torque Tronix , Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Yes you can get tunning boxes , but i wouldn`t stick a foreign body in my engine

Lifetime Guarantee, you can go back to original setting if you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts