Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for these for a week, my new osram cool blue intense bulbs. HID look without the HID price!

See for yourself:D

Guess which one is the new one!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They can't be any dimmer than the old dim yellow ones. They really were very dim in the dark. They don't look blue when they are on, in fact they are 95% as good as the £90 each HIDs in that Volvo parked in front

·
Registered
552 Posts
blue lights= dimmer than normal...
This is true, higher the Kelvin the lower the Lumen.

However, Osram cool blue will come out better than standard bulbs, there isn't a lot in at 4300k-6000k in terms of Lumen.

4300k is also a lot closer the noon daylight of around 5200k, when you consider a halogen is around 3200k.

Phil

·
Registered
552 Posts
You seem to know your stuff Phil, I just got bulb envy after my Mother bought the Volvo :rolleyes:
I randomly research subjects extensively because I'm bored beyond words, seems to fill the day between coding at work!

I've also had a keen interest in bulbs and colour and finding a balance as I'm 98% colourblind, so generally speaking yellowish light does little to nothing for me on the road in terms of helping me see in dark, the ground loses all definition.

While 6000k is slightly dimmer than 5000k, for my eyes I find it much much easier to see, because my blue acuity is very good.

It's nice to put it all to good use though! :)

Phil

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see. All this knowledge is great for dinner parties too you know :nod: It doesn't work in the classroom though. I was half asleep in a world development lesson today when the lecturer asked me what HDI is and what it does. I said without thinking "it means High-Pressure Diesel injection" :nono:

Turned out it's the Human Development index :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
I see. All this knowledge is great for dinner parties too you know :nod: It doesn't work in the classroom though. I was half asleep in a world development lesson today when the lecturer asked me what HDI is and what it does. I said without thinking "it means High-Pressure Diesel injection" :nono:

Turned out it's the Human Development index :D
Funny you should say something like this because I had an argument with some douche who would throw around acronyms trying to make people feel stupid.

I stopped him in his tracks and started spouting the whole context memo. You can't honestly throw someone a question like what 'TAS' is, without putting it in to some context.

Also I'm sure for all intense and purposes, HDI, and HDi might as well be the same thing! :)

One thing is for sure, HDi develops faster than HDI!

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts