Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there , i have a problem with my 2008 peugeot 2017 with Ep6fdtm 1.6 turbo engine ,
Car bsi is faulty and i want to change that , i bought a brand new bsi but we cant program that !
When i install new bsi on car nothing works only signal i have is locking key LED on dashboard and when ignition is on nothing happens( should it be like this? Is it ok?) , i use diagbox 9.31 for configuring bsi , but diagbox on bsi replacement menu shows warnning about that "the bsi is not in customer or show room mode and many diagnostic options may not work " actually diagbox only can communicate with bsi and in bsi only can read version and manufacturing date , nothing working , cant configure vin number manually , cant present ecus , cant programm keys.. :( , shunt fuse is in user mode and bsi operating menu on diagnostic is not working (not communicating whit bsi ) to chang that , what should i do? Any body knows about bsi changing? Please help me , here i live peugeot dealer can do nothing for me !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it has , they sent the bsi for free but the dealer of peugeot in my city doesnt know what to do! , it's over 2 month , they cant program the bsi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rain and brightness sensor was not working , under inflaction sensor was not working , esp button was not working and over 20 errors on bsi , they tried to fix that by configuring and downloading software but there were no electricity in few of wires , all of fuses ok , they said it should be change and sent a new bsi , now peugeot customer service here cant program that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They said an IC in old bsi not working any more ..
Now we have a brand new bsi but cant program that! Help me about new bsi initialisation :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt the BSI is the real issue to be honest i would fit the original back and tell them to try harder :)
There were phanntom faults on old bsi , car wiring is ok , fuses ok , but bsi was not communicating with esp , rain and brightness sensor , air conditioner ecu .. i dont know , peugeot is not supporting well , my car is only 10.000 km used! Somebody can help me?

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
In my opinion whatever is causing the issues with rain sensor etc is ALSO causing the issue of not being able to access the replacement BSI

As i say i dont think your BSI is the REAL issue

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my opinion whatever is causing the issues with rain sensor etc is ALSO causing the issue of not being able to access the replacement BSI

As i say i dont think your BSI is the REAL issue
For example nothing (no unite ) is between rain sensor and bsi , it gets direct voltage and negetive connection from bsi and sends data to bsi , but in tests negetive connection is not ok on this port of bsi and rain sensor is not going to be switched on ! What do you think? Whats wrong with my car?

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Without being able to look at the car its impossible to say but what i will say is most functions switch the earth side on modern car electrics and dont work the way logical thinking has you believe any earth issue will cause strange things to happen.

If for example you switch your lights on the BSI is actually switching a relay OFF !

Same with wipers a blown fuse can make them come on !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Without being able to look at the car its impossible to say but what i will say is most functions switch the earth side on modern car electrics and dont work the way logical thinking has you believe any earth issue will cause strange things to happen.

If for example you switch your lights on the BSI is actually switching a relay OFF !

Same with wipers a blown fuse can make them come on !
They did auto configuration , manual configuration , deliver prepration , on old bsi but at first the problem was only rain and brightness sensor failure , after applying these the esp button and under inflaction sensor stoped working too.
Can old bsi problem be a software problem not physical? They said an ic is not working inside bsi .. 😔

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Sounds like they simply dont know how to do it and again i dont think the BSI is the issue not really much more i can say.

BSI units are not as unreliable as some think they are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like they simply dont know how to do it and again i dont think the BSI is the issue not really much more i can say.

BSI units are not as unreliable as some think they are.
Thank u very much ⚘⚘

If anybody knows anything about new bsi initialisation please help me ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts