Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 308 1.6D Allure with 48000 miles on the clock.
Would you consider replacing the battery around now, before it becomes troublesome.
I would think seven years for a battery is pretty good going.

Thanks

·
3,871 Posts
HI..thats good...you could also pop into a garage and have the battery tested...have you had the car from new?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2014 308 1.6D Allure with 48000 miles on the clock.
Would you consider replacing the battery around now, before it becomes troublesome.
I would think seven years for a battery is pretty good going.

Thanks
i would say that's good, i have a 17 plate 1.6hdi 120 stop/start, the FLASHING battery warning on the dash kept flashing, although it still started as normal, the stop/start never kicked in as it used to, i replaced the battery about 6 month's ago, i do a lot of motorway driving to and from work, 45 miles each way. i purchased the car, one year old with just under 30K on the clock, it now has 90,100, still GOING STRONG !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
For sure after 7 years the charge level of the battery is under 60% and is should be changed with a new one. Just make sure it's the same battery model you have on your car now. Otherwise you will need to make the necessary changes to the battery charge status module.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies.
Have checked my local Peugeot dealer battery prices for my car, and they are £109 for a Peugeot approved one, or £139 for a genuine Peugeot battery.
Any idea on which one to go for?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Varta or Bosch for automotive batteries ( there both the same under the stickers )

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
No such thing as a genuine Peugeot battery, they are all made by one of the big names, usually Varta recently.
Be grateful you haven't got stop/start, you would have needed a new AGM battery several years ago - at around twice the price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No such thing as a genuine Peugeot battery, they are all made by one of the big names, usually Varta recently.
Be grateful you haven't got stop/start, you would have needed a new AGM battery several years ago - at around twice the price.
I do have stop/start!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do have stop/start!
Did you manage to change the battery? I did it about a week ago with a new Varta AGM battery, and today the charge level is 96%. S&S worked from the first installation of the new battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, not yet.
I queried the price with the Peugeot garage, as it needs to be a stop/start one. The prices now are £169 and £199!

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, not yet.
I queried the price with the Peugeot garage, as it needs to be a stop/start one. The prices now are £169 and £199!
I changed the battery myself. I bought a "VARTA E39 Silver Dynamic AGM 70Ah 760A" and it cost me in the currency of my country the equivalent of £100. The old battery was the same, Varta AGM.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I changed the battery myself. I bought a "VARTA E39 Silver Dynamic AGM 70Ah 760A" and it cost me in the currency of my country the equivalent of £100. The old battery was the same, Varta AGM.
TAYNA BATTERYS do decent prices with free delivery - they also sell on EBAY and if you time it right you can get 20% further discount

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I bought my AGM battery from Tayna. No problems. <£120.

The reason I assumed you didn't have SS was because you were originally quoted for a non AGM type battery Dougan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just checked on Tanya batteries, and a Varta Silver Dynamic is £118 including delivery, or a Bosch one for £8 more.
A couple of questions.
Will it need to be charged prior to fitting?
Never fitted a SS battery before, is there something regarding the correct power module?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just checked on Tanya batteries, and a Varta Silver Dynamic is £118 including delivery, or a Bosch one for £8 more.
A couple of questions.
Will it need to be charged prior to fitting?
Never fitted a SS battery before, is there something regarding the correct power module?
It should come with decent charge and as far as I'm aware the important thing is to follow the BSI shutdown and restart procedure correctly to avoid corrupting the BSI unit

·
Registered
274 Posts
just need to follow the 3 minute rule which is to let your BSI shutdown completely and then there's a restart procedure to follow so you dont spike the BSI - leaving your window down so you can soft start the BSI - see below
PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY DIS-CONNECTION (The 3 Minute Rule)
Whenever a vehicle battery has to be dis-connected, switch off all equipment, interior lights etc, close the doors leaving the drivers window open.
Switch off the ignition and remove the key and any DIAG equipment.
Wait a full 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.
The BSi must be allowed to go to SLEEP ie into "power save mode". Do not operate any equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even opening the bonnet will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm.
If the battery is under the bonnet, open the bonnet first and leave it up. .
ALWAYS disconnect any DIAG equipment and do not operate any plips from other vehicles during the 3 minute waiting period.

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION
Unless otherwise instructed by Peugeot or Product Service, you must always carry out the following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to minimise the possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.
Ensure the procedure for battery disconnection has been adhered to and importantly all BSi functions were switched off with the drivers window left down.
1 Close all doors
2 Remove ignition key if left in ignition
3 Reconnect battery. DO NOT open any doors
4 Wait 10 seconds
5 Switch on healights through the drivers window (you will hear a "bong")
6 Switch on ignition then start the vehicle and check system functions
NOTE: Upon reconnection, if any vehicle function controlled by the BSi i.e . interior light is switched on,the internal operation of the BSi has the potential to spike or corrupt its configuration and software program

1 - 17 of 17 Posts