Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the abs/esp errors so forum member BiGK very kindly scanned my car for me (a true gent') it showed that my n/s front and o/s rear sensors were faulty. I have just replaced both today. I am still getting the error so my question is, do I need to get the faults cleared or should replacing the sensors stop the error? I'm now thinking it could be the abs ring(s). Thanks again for any advice.

·
Registered
855 Posts
did you try the BSI reset and battery check?

Could you txt me your email address so I can send over all the files?

Had a look on servicebox, there is a wire that goes up to the fuel spout... but unsure what it plugs into.

·
5,071 Posts

Had a look on servicebox, there is a wire that goes up to the fuel spout... but unsure what it plugs into.
that wire is most likely for the fuel cap sensor

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

that wire is most likely for the fuel cap sensor
Yes I think you are right. BiGK is referring to my other issue of "fuel filler flap not locked" I might try another solenoid release motor for this. I'm just trying to sort my abs issue out first.

·
5,071 Posts
there is always a slight possibility that the rear sensors have been plugged in to the wrong socket, giving a false error message, light normally goes out even if you just plug a good sensor in BUT dont turn a wheel

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
As above replacing a sensor should fix the issue without any code clearing as the car does a self test every time it starts so if it sees no fault it works simple as that.

sometimes the rings are the true issue though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is always a slight possibility that the rear sensors have been plugged in to the wrong socket, giving a false error message, light normally goes out even if you just plug a good sensor in BUT dont turn a wheel
I didn't have an error when I got the car but short while after and I've only replaced one sensor as per Peugeot planet, would planet not say both rears at fault if they were plugged into to wrong ones? O/s rear was plugged into the left hand connector as you look down on the fuel tank from inside the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As above replacing a sensor should fix the issue without any code clearing as the car does a self test every time it starts so if it sees no fault it works simple as that.

sometimes the rings are the true issue though
Yeh I'm thinking it could be the ring(s). Think it needs scanning again. The sensors didn't look that old, which was a worrying sign.

·
5,071 Posts
planet would only say nsr faulty but if that was actually plugged into osr it would lead you down a false path, easy enough to check with planet, just unplug one and read fault

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
planet would only say nsr faulty but if that was actually plugged into osr it would lead you down a false path, easy enough to check with planet, just unplug one and read fault
Ah right I see. So I need it scanning again. Thanks for you're input.

·
6,314 Posts
Check ABS pump connector it may have corroded pins which can give these fault codes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts