Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have just upgraded my 2011 508 sw to 2019 508 sw GT line.
I have a question about the cruise control, is there a way to tell if I have the active cruise control on my car, I have CC but is it "active".
I have the sensor in the grill under the bumper and when I get a bit to close to the vehicle in front I get the warning, however I thought it would slow down, and its doesnt.
Suggesting it isn't on the car, it does have the active lane assist, which works fine (jus a bit disconcerting when it 1st kick in)
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Hi
I have a question about the cruise control, is there a way to tell if I have the active cruise control on my car, I have CC but is it "active".
I have the sensor in the grill under the bumper and when I get a bit to close to the vehicle in front I get the warning, however I thought it would slow down, and its doesnt.
Suggesting it isn't on the car, it does have the active lane assist, which works fine (jus a bit disconcerting when it 1st kick in)
Thanks in advance
A far superior car in every way isn’t it? I think all 2019+ 508s with CC will be ACC. When you say you get a warning when closing in on the car in front is this when the cruise control is activated? Mine will alert me when I get too close, but will only slow down when I have activated the cruise control for that journey. Also on the ACC switch stalk the top button sets the following distance setting, changing it from ‘normal’ to ‘close’. The standard CC switch stalk has the top switch for setting some speed memory as I recall with my previous 508 so the markings are different. I think you can see both types of switch arrangement in the handbook.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi
Thanks in advance
GT Line didn't have active cruise control as standard, so unless it was added as an option you haven't got it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
I have just read through the handbook again, and it is only the standard CC, with the memory buttons etc, which is fine.
Its a great car, saying that I thought the old one was also a great car, powerful, cheap to run, for a big car its was remarkably easy on tyres.

The new one is a fantastic looking car, I have the pearlescent red one with gloss black trim, which looks amazing. and now I'm an old git over 50, I needed the auto box, which is very nice to drive

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Hi
I have just read through the handbook again, and it is only the standard CC, with the memory buttons etc, which is fine.
Its a great car, saying that I thought the old one was also a great car, powerful, cheap to run, for a big car its was remarkably easy on tyres.

The new one is a fantastic looking car, I have the pearlescent red one with gloss black trim, which looks amazing. and now I'm an old git over 50, I needed the auto box, which is very nice to drive
I agree. I have the red one too. I had 2 previous 508 SW GT diesel. Only got about 20k miles out of the front tyres. This one will be similar I think. My first 508 was manual and the second 6 speed auto. This latest 508 with 8 speed auto is much better. Also the previous sat navs were not very good. The SW wasn’t released when I bought this one so I went with the fastback and have not really missed the extra load space yet. The back of the car keeps much cleaner than the SW due to the aerodynamics and I think I’ll buy another as it is less cost than the SW and less road tax in the UK since the SW list price is >40k GBP.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted the estate as we have 2 dogs. plus we have a caravan so I prefer the estate
I bought mine used a few weeks ago. its a 69 plate with 7k on the clock and I paid just shout of 19K for it which I didnt think was too bad

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I wanted the estate as we have 2 dogs. plus we have a caravan so I prefer the estate
I bought mine used a few weeks ago. its a 69 plate with 7k on the clock and I paid just shout of 19K for it which I didnt think was too bad
I always think that’s the best way to buy, rather than brand new. Mine was an ex demo at 6 months old with 4K miles on clock. New price was 38k GBP. My price was £28k and I got £12k p/ex on my 3yr old 508 GT Sw. am now considering when to replace my current one as it will be 3yrs old next Jan. it was in for a recall yesterday and I had it valued by the dealer at £18k as a p/ex against a new one. They say cars have retained their value or gone up in value in the last 12months. As usual I never know when is the best time to swap.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree. I have the red one too. I had 2 previous 508 SW GT diesel. Only got about 20k miles out of the front tyres. This one will be similar I think. My first 508 was manual and the second 6 speed auto. This latest 508 with 8 speed auto is much better. Also the previous sat navs were not very good. The SW wasn’t released when I bought this one so I went with the fastback and have not really missed the extra load space yet. The back of the car keeps much cleaner than the SW due to the aerodynamics and I think I’ll buy another as it is less cost than the SW and less road tax in the UK since the SW list price is >40k GBP.
Have done 18500 miles in my 69 plate 508 SW and the front tyres need changing now. Fairly typical for tyres nowadays. Will be opting for a budget set due to needing to change them every 6 months as a high mileage user.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I always think that’s the best way to buy, rather than brand new. Mine was an ex demo at 6 months old with 4K miles on clock. New price was 38k GBP. My price was £28k and I got £12k p/ex on my 3yr old 508 GT Sw. am now considering when to replace my current one as it will be 3yrs old next Jan. it was in for a recall yesterday and I had it valued by the dealer at £18k as a p/ex against a new one. They say cars have retained their value or gone up in value in the last 12months. As usual I never know when is the best time to swap.
Definitely agree about preferring to buy away from new. My 508 SW First Edition had 7500 miles on the clock (registered December 2019) when I bought it in February 2021 and cost me £22.5k against £41k when new. Unless anything goes wrong with it I'll probably keep it for a good few years until electric becomes a viable option. Loving the 8 speed auto as well. My first auto car and sooooooo relaxing to drive compared to manual.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Have done 18500 miles in my 69 plate 508 SW and the front tyres need changing now. Fairly typical for tyres nowadays. Will be opting for a budget set due to needing to change them every 6 months as a high mileage user.
On my last but one 508 I went for budget tyres for the second set, but hated them. They were so noisy. On my last one I replaced the Continental with same class Michelin Primacy as the tyre shop had a deal on and they were great. Current 508 has the M Primacy so I will stay with the same. I think they are possibly 3Db quieter than the budget and, though expensive, well worth the difference in sound level alone. I’ve bought my tyres from ATS for many years and some of their deals are worth looking out for.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On my last but one 508 I went for budget tyres for the second set, but hated them. They were so noisy. On my last one I replaced the Continental with same class Michelin Primacy as the tyre shop had a deal on and they were great. Current 508 has the M Primacy so I will stay with the same. I think they are possibly 3Db quieter than the budget and, though expensive, well worth the difference in sound level alone. I’ve bought my tyres from ATS for many years and some of their deals are worth looking out for.
On my previous 308 SW I covered 89000 miles in the 2.5 years I had it and used Autogreen SSC5 tyres throughout. Even though they were budget tyres I didn't find any issues with them and still got between 15 and 18k miles between changes. Cost saving for me, changing tyres that often over the piece, was massive with no noticeable difference in fuel economy, grip, noise etc. Mind you I tend to drive around with the sounds cranked up so maybe they were louder than I remember LOL.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
On my previous 308 SW I covered 89000 miles in the 2.5 years I had it and used Autogreen SSC5 tyres throughout. Even though they were budget tyres I didn't find any issues with them and still got between 15 and 18k miles between changes. Cost saving for me, changing tyres that often over the piece, was massive with no noticeable difference in fuel economy, grip, noise etc. Mind you I tend to drive around with the sounds cranked up so maybe they were louder than I remember LOL.
I do understand, at 30000 per year that’s 3 sets of expensive tyres. However the tyres are your main safety feature. I don’t think I would skimp on that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do understand, at 30000 per year that’s 3 sets of expensive tyres. However the tyres are your main safety feature. I don’t think I would skimp on that.
Fair comment but, as I say, I didn’t notice much difference in the handling of my 308 in wet or dry conditions. There is presumably a reason why one tyre for my 508 costs £60 and another is nearer £300? Hard to compare performance wise with the cheap one listed with better fuel efficiency and grip?Think the noise level was similar if not better at 70 dB. As long as safety isn't compromised then 5 tyres for the price of 1 is a no brainer for me.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Fair comment but, as I say, I didn’t notice much difference in the handling of my 308 in wet or dry conditions. There is presumably a reason why one tyre for my 508 costs £60 and another is nearer £300? Hard to compare performance wise with the cheap one listed with better fuel efficiency and grip?Think the noise level was similar if not better at 70 dB. As long as safety isn't compromised then 5 tyres for the price of 1 is a no brainer for me.
Yes, I agree it is difficult to argue against.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts