Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I made the mistake of doing a deal on my bike and have now gained a 2004 407 2.0HDI manual.

To be honest it drives nice and pulls like a train and I'm guessing is going to be way more economical to run and maintain than my Jag however its a shed.

Today I have purchased a new radio which will prob need re coding, new LCD display because pixels are US, new complete boot carpet because its covered in paint and the drivers elec window switch because the buttons that are still intact are also covered in paint.

I do however have one last problem I need help with......

It only has one key that is not a remote key so no remote locking and to make it worse it will not lock the car!!!!!

It chipped and starts the car but that's as far as it goes.

My options are to find a replacement flip remote key and have it cut and programmed I'm guessing this is Peugeot only or get an afetr market remote locking kit fitted?

What are peoples views on both options and any one have any previous experience and idea of costs for either?

I have searched eBay but don't even know if I should have a two or three button remote?

thanks in advance for any help Dave

·
Registered
741 Posts
3 button remote for the 407, you can get blank keys and have it cut and coded to the car by anyone with Planet/Diagbox but they MUST be virgin (unpaired) keys and you'll need the code from the plastic card. Bettyswollocks on here can supply those IIRC. Either that or it's a dealer job.

If it's a Peugeot radio then it'll be VIN coded so yeah needs coding, and the screen probably needs coding too.

Find a Planet/Diagbox owner on here local to you and it seems like you can get several things done in one shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, I cant message bettyswallocks until I have 20 posts and I'm not going to fill the forums with spam so hopefully he will view this thread at some time and message me.

I will try to find someone in Sussex with the kit to re program as the radio and display should be here in the next couple of days.

PS I have just found the card with numbers on for the key which I am gobsmacked at but I needed a bit of luck:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how much bettyswallocks charges for the new three button remote????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would appreciate it I'm desperate as I cant lock the car at the moment.

Thanks Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts